Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Uh-oh (AVG found me)

Yoga's Avatar \ ( ^ 0 ^ ) / BT Rep: +8BT Rep +8
    Nod32 =

2. Software & Hardware   -   #22
    Chewie's Avatar Chew E. Bakke
    Quote Originally Posted by erRor67
    AVG isnt that good (IMO). there are better ones like NOD32 or Kaspersky. As for Symantec and Norton, I never liked them.

I use to use Norton a few years back and I got infected by a virus real bad. Lost everything. Then just last year my friend was using Norton and she got infected by a virus. It tried to spread itself via AIM and sent IMs to all her buddies.. Naturally, I got one and sent me a link to download some photos. Since she is my friend and I trust her, I clicked the link.. Luckily NOD32 came to the rescue before anything bad happened (to me).
    On Tuesday I picked up a broadband-connected computer that didn't have an anti-virus, a firewall or any anti-malware programs installed at all.
    It had about 1800 infected files, countless trojans and what appeared to be every adware/spyware threat known to man.
    Took it back last night, completely clean and only lost the printer software.

I can't remember the last time a virus forced me to re-install Windows - if at all.
    There isn't a bargepole long enough for me to work on [a Sony Viao] - clocker 2008

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123