Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Opera 9 Web Browser Unleashed

Opera is a good, I've always liked better than IE. However, I'll never be able to switch over completely until it provides the same cozy feel of Firefox and my arsenal of essential extensions.

2. News (Archive)   -   #12
    I wont argue about the fire fox extensions or its features, i love them.... doesnt feel like a cozy GUI for me though, and i always have problems with little bugs... opera 8x is all that really feals right to me. IE 7 aint too bad either, still has limited functionality compared to the 3rd party stuff though

3. News (Archive)   -   #13
    I simply love opera it just got better

4. News (Archive)   -   #14
    cool

5. News (Archive)   -   #15
    my favorite browser

6. News (Archive)   -   #16
    FreeDoom's Avatar Obsessed By Cruelty
    1 thing: it's faster than Firefox? i mean speed is not everything but i would like to know...
    I could install it but surelly someone has tryed it allready

7. News (Archive)   -   #17
    mr. nails's Avatar m@D @n!m3 BT Rep: +1
    ok, i finally tried this browser out. lol, first time. never saw a need. i like it better than ie, but ff is still king. well, so far. still checking this thing out. can u install like adblockers and stuff inside opera? don't really care for the widgets crap. all they are are external progs running outside of browser, no? don't like that.

edit: w0w, all these ads i've never seen be4. opera wouldn't be all that bad if it had a built in ad blocker! c'mon. the bittorrent dl's are pretty gay. right clicking does the trick, but a tab cums up. looking for ways to disable that.

also, when i add shortcut bookmarks to my personal bar some of them, not all, are also added to the bottom of the bookmarks in the bookmarks tab at the top of the browser. why do some go there and others don't? how can u make it so all bookmarks don't do this?
    Last edited by mr. nails; 09-18-2006 at 12:45 PM. Reason: bittorrent & bookmark gayness
    Alamo Drafthouse!

Last Game Completed: Aliens: Colonial Marines (PC) 10-13-13
    Now Playing: Paper Mario 64
    Total Games Completed: 503

8. News (Archive)   -   #18
    peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    Oh I like it but just kept going back to Firefox , and if truth be told it is a little faster out of the box . But with FF extensions and tricks and tweaks it (FF) catches up . Its good for Grandma or lil sis , or those that don't like IE 6 .

9. News (Archive)   -   #19
    mr. nails's Avatar m@D @n!m3 BT Rep: +1
    i'm hearing this all over the place... how is opera faster? i honestly don't see a speed difference. all web pages? certain? wtf?
    Alamo Drafthouse!

Last Game Completed: Aliens: Colonial Marines (PC) 10-13-13
    Now Playing: Paper Mario 64
    Total Games Completed: 503

10. News (Archive)   -   #20
    zapjb's Avatar Computer Abuser BT Rep: +3
    For dialup especially Opera is king. 10x faster than IE & 2-3x faster than FF.

And once you know how to setup Opera to your need/styles. Theres no better browser for Windows. More secure, stable & less resources.

And great help & superior knowlrdge at the Opera forum.

When FF 2.x goes final I'll try it again. But ime FF 1.5xx doesn't measure up to Opera in every way.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast