Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is There Any Way To By Pass The Admin On Xp

Originally posted by Schuler@2 May 2003 - 12:25
    When you right click an exectuable there's a function called run as. I'm not exactly sure how it works but maybe if you select Run As: Administrator is might work? I don't know if you need the password though.
    You need the password.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    4play's Avatar knob jockey
    lopht crack is the best windows sam file cracker out there.

and pwdump on that same page is pretty handy as well. the new pwdump3 can even copy the hashes out of a sam file from another computer on your network.

Or there is the trick of using the recovery console from your win2000 boot cd. you do not need to input a password to get admin that way.and you can just create yourslef another user account that is admin.

pretty simple getting around windows security isn't it.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13
    pretty simple getting around windows security isn't it.
    If you have physical access to the computer it's always easy. You can add your own linux root users too, but you may have to write the program yourself if one doesn't exist.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #14
    no need to write any programs there are loads out there already.

I was winding up the tech support at uni about getting root. I bet one a mars bar i could show him how. 30 secs later i had a article on neworder showing him how to get root on mandrake complete with source code.

he still owes me that mars bar.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #15
    CornerPocket's Avatar Retired
    Originally posted by random nut+2 May 2003 - 09:30--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (random nut @ 2 May 2003 - 09:30)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Schuler@2 May 2003 - 12:25
    When you right click an exectuable there&#39;s a function called run as. I&#39;m not exactly sure how it works but maybe if you select Run As: Administrator is might work? I don&#39;t know if you need the password though.
    You need the password. [/b][/quote]
    I back that up as well.
    "8-ball Corner Pocket"

6. Software & Hardware   -   #16
    Poster
    Originally posted by Wizzandabe@2 May 2003 - 05:42
    that was very helpful he wont let me have it cos i mess it up i oinly wat to install photoshop.
    If your dad doesn&#39;t want you to "mess it up", why don&#39;t you follow his wishes. Ask him to install Photoshop for you.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #17
    he still owes me that mars bar.
    Now you have no choice but to get root access and delete all his files.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #18
    If your dad doesn&#39;t want you to "mess it up", why don&#39;t you follow his wishes. Ask him to install Photoshop for you.
    What makes you sure that his dad doesn&#39;t work for some anti-piracy company?

9. Software & Hardware   -   #19
    I would prefer a nice

I will remind him about that tuesday.

with compound interest and all he owes me a pint now.

10. Software & Hardware   -   #20
    Poster
    ok random I dind&#39;t know whether that would work or not. Thanks for veryfing B)
    Maybe you can get a keylogger? Run the program on your user name then have your dad do a quick switch or something. When he logs off read through the log and find the pw.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12