Hmmm, I'm stuck. How the heck do you play this?:

@180bpm x 0.50

C#---------------------------------------------------------------------
    G#---------------------------------------------------------------------
    E ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    B ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    F#---------------------------------------------------------------------
    B-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-19p15p14h15--19p15p14h18-

Oh and ya I know its in DADGBe, but BF#BEG#C# is the same thing as DADGBe except much lower, sounds more evil if you ask me lol (i dont know what im talking about right now )

all the zero (open notes) are palm muted, so that's not the part I'm concerned about

The thing is, my guitar (the warlock) doesnt have that great BC Rich pickups, I'm getting EMG's put in end of august, and also my amp sux, so I dont think (with the combination of the crappy pickups and amp) it can pick up the noise produced, because its basically 1 note just carried onto 4 (you pick on while fretting the 19th fret and all the energy from that one pick must last you the entire note itself, sort of hard to explain). So it might just be my amp+pickups being the reason I can't play, but hey someone out their might know a technique that might fix it.

the 19-15-14-15 and 19-15-14-18 is possibly the hardest one ive come across in a while. I think you're supposed to use slides for it instead of hammerons and pulloffs but who knows.

The song is called "The Faded Line" by lamb of god, forward to 1:03 and listen (until 1:20).

If anyone can tell me how to play this or any techniques will be greatly appreciated.

edit: another version I found (one that I didn't tab out by ear unfortanately):

0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-19-15-0-18-15-0-15--

doesnt sound right to me but it can be it, can anyone confirm?

edit-edit:

So i've been playing Hourglass as well, and the vomit riff I can't seem to get down, theres this one part that jsut doesnt sound right:

B ----------------------------------11----------------------------
    F#-----------12---------------------12-13------------12-----------
    B -0-12-13----13-12-0-12-13------------0-12-13----13-12-0-13

The 11-12-13 part is the one that doesnt sound right (11th fret 4th string, then 12th fret 5th string, then 13th fret 6th string), anyone confirm this?
    Last edited by cpt_azad; 07-22-2006 at 10:41 AM.

Jeff Loomis: He's so good, he doesn't need to be dead to have a tribute.

2. Music   -   #2
    cpt_azad's Avatar Colonel
    come on lee or damnatory help me out here

and I figured out the vomit riff, tis impossibly hard at first, and it still is:

(6th string is muted always)

268bpm

B ----------------------------------------11--------------------------------------------------------
    F#-----------12----------------12-13-----13-12-------------12---------------------13-12-11
    B -0-12-13------13-12-13------------------------0-12-13-----13-12-0-13-10--------------
    Last edited by cpt_azad; 07-23-2006 at 09:44 AM.

3. Music   -   #3
    lee551's Avatar no soup for you! BT Rep: +5
    use these fingers................4/3..1...1...1...4/3..1...1...3

well, thats one hell of a quick lick. it's not easy to play by far. it could very well be done all with hammer ons / pull offs, but not neccessarily. i dont have my amp near me, but what is tabbed there looks about right from listening to the song.

i wrote down what fingerings i would use for that part, (1-4, #1 is your index finger to your pinky #4) i put 4/3 because you can use either finger that high up on the neck depending on your guitar's size/scale.

as far as whether it's HO/PO or not, it doesn't really matter. i'm sure morton/adler can play it with HO/PO easily cuz they're amazing guitarists, but if it's easier for you to just pick wildly that wouldn't really be wrong either. HO/PO are easier in those types of fast situations where it would just be a waste of picking motion when the string still sounds either way.

pick it however you want, but it's very possible it's really played by them with HO/PO, but who knows.

my 2cents.
    Last edited by lee551; 07-24-2006 at 05:35 AM.

4. Music   -   #4
    Quote Originally Posted by lee551
    use these fingers................4/3..1...1...1...4/3..1...1...3

well, thats one hell of a quick lick. it's not easy to play by far. it could very well be done all with hammer ons / pull offs, but not neccessarily. i dont have my amp near me, but what is tabbed there looks about right from listening to the song.

i wrote down what fingerings i would use for that part, (1-4, #1 is your index finger to your pinky #4) i put 4/3 because you can use either finger that high up on the neck depending on your guitar's size/scale.

as far as whether it's HO/PO or not, it doesn't really matter. i'm sure morton/adler can play it with HO/PO easily cuz they're amazing guitarists, but if it's easier for you to just pick wildly that wouldn't really be wrong either. HO/PO are easier in those types of fast situations where it would just be a waste of picking motion when the string still sounds either way.

pick it however you want, but it's very possible it's really played by them with HO/PO, but who knows.

my 2cents.
    Thanks, I'll give it a shot some time today. And I'm pretty sure its HO/PO in the form of a very complicated slide (ok its more like a slide with combination of HO/PO), which is very hard to master I would say, I mean at that speed anyway. Willie Adler is a fucking machine man, same with Mark Morton.

Here's a vid of the riff that Mark plays, and it seems that the tab I posted is wrong (because you can clearly seem him playing a note on the 13th fret) and he does do the slide/HO/PO technique, tell me what you think:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dcdMZ...=mark%20morton

I will tab this one out by ear (should be somewhat easier because its a video) tomorrow or something.
    Last edited by cpt_azad; 07-24-2006 at 01:40 PM.

5. Music   -   #5
    Ok took a while, but figured it out:

B-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-19p15p14h0--18p14p13h17-

they're not really PO/HO they're all slides pretty much, but man did it take me a while to get this one down.