Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Fridge Related Accountant Type Question

JPaul's Avatar Fat Secret Agent
    Nah, I've been analogising with Celtic's decision to remove the players value from the books. They didn't do it all at once but spread it over a few years.

2. Lounge   -   #32
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Quote Originally Posted by JPaul View Post
    Nah, I've been analogising with Celtic's decision to remove the players value from the books. They didn't do it all at once but spread it over a few years.
    Ah, yeah, I think we spoke briefly about that before. Seems sensible.

Btw, it was almost like they'd removed the players from the pitch on Wednesday night - what with the ease that our second team ripped your firsts to shreds.
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

3. Lounge   -   #33
    JPaul's Avatar Fat Secret Agent
    Quote Originally Posted by manker View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by JPaul View Post
    Ah, yeah, I think we spoke briefly about that before. Seems sensible.

Btw, it was almost like they'd removed the players from the pitch on Wednesday night - what with the ease that our second team ripped your firsts to shreds.
    I'd love to say we were pish, but we never reached those heady heights. Let's be honest that wasn't even your second team.

4. Lounge   -   #34
    Biggles's Avatar Looking for loopholes
    Quote Originally Posted by manker View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggles View Post
    The old fridge will have a disposal cost rather than a realiseable residual value. It is almost certainly full of CFCs and new regulations require its safe disposal.
    With all due respect, mate. That's a completely uninformed, specious and pish statement.

The fridge isn't a business asset but belongs to two people from the UK who can simply take the fridge to the nearest council dump and they'll dispose of it free of charge.

Personally, I'd go for a fifteen year lifespan with revaluations when the asset is at 2, 7 and 10 years old. People buy and sell fridges all the time in t'free-ads. It might pay you to keep an eye on the local market for this to correctly ascertain the realisable value of said asset when a revaluation is becoming due - because unless it's completely stopped working, its value will not be zero.

See people that dump an old fridge on top of the pishy mattrass that always appears to come with a skip....that is you that is.

I think it fair to point out that said fridge is 30 years old and might well be deemed to be a liability rather than an asset. (although I wouldn't say that to the poor old codger's face - obviousement).
    Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234