Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: MLS' DC United Thrashes Real Madrid.....

maebach's Avatar Team FST Captain
    Valencia. . .

//sarcasm

2. Sports Club   -   #12
    n00b BT Rep: +1
    Hahah Valencia! Good one But back in the day they used to be one of the strongest teams in Spain and Europe, but that was long time ago.
    Delorean yes your right once again, and you've impressed me once again with your knowledge on spanish teams, their players and their history! I definitely don't know half of them.
    None the less I have to say that last year when Ronaldinho played nothing happened, sure Barcelona can play without him, they definitely have the players, but morally the base their game around him, and without him Eto barely does anything. And also towards the end of the league Ronaldinho's game started to deteriorate, couldn't shoot free kicks, lack of creativity etc...so his performance in the world cup didnt surprise me much.
    I do agree that Puyol is the best spanish defender, which is a great advantage.
    None the less I completely hate Valdes, I think he is an upstuck prick like Fernando Alonso, but he has pulled some decent saves, but he cant be compared to Iker Casillas one of the best keepers in the world.
    But all in all with the new line ups, anything can happen, only time can tell

3. Sports Club   -   #13
    Surely Ronaldinho did bad in world cup, towards the end of of the Season his performance was not as good. The problem showed up clearly that when Ronaldinho doesn't play Barca doesn't play mainly in the second round against Real Madrid (1-1) and in the Champions league final against Arsenal.
    He wasted 3 or 4 Free kicks and besides the great through pass to Eto'o Ronaldinho did nothing else that night.
    However, i think(hope) this is gonna change this year. Because Ronaldinho did bad and drop his performance players may realize that they can't just count on him but put some more weight on Deco's Messi's and Iniesta's abilities and creativity!

4. Sports Club   -   #14
    Yes hopefully Deco and Messi will play much more, they are both greatly talented players, Messi's talented was also put to waste by the coach during the World Cup, I don't know what he was thinking at the time. Barcelona also has one of the best coaches in the world (in my opinion) Rijkaard, so hopefully he'll make up a strategy to involve the other players more. We'll have to wait till the 27th to see what happens

5. Sports Club   -   #15
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Quote Originally Posted by dml View Post
    @manker

menial highlights are the short highlights, just the goals, the longer highlights tend to have the whole attacks etc... Then again I didnt watch the longer highlights.
    Thanks for that.

So why are they called menial highlights. It sounds like a term made up by someone who doesn't know what 'menial' means.
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

6. Sports Club   -   #16
    Poster
    Woo, I finally get to say, "Contradiction in terms, shirley?"

Contradiction in terms, shirley?

7. Sports Club   -   #17
    Why they call it "menial" instead of "short" or something normal I have no clue. Thats what happens when you give a dumb person a Thesaurus. *sighs*

A contradiction in terms would be the longer highlights, seeing as highlights are meant to be short in the first place to show the most important parts of an event.

8. Sports Club   -   #18
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Quote Originally Posted by dml View Post
    Why they call it "menial" instead of "short" or something normal I have no clue. Thats what happens when you give a dumb person a Thesaurus. *sighs*
    :earl:

Agreed.
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

9. Sports Club   -   #19
    Busyman™'s Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!
    This is what when the word police worries about a word. One lets it trip them up.

Low in quality.

"OMG, menial only means unskilled work!"

Get a loife.

10. Sports Club   -   #20
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Quote Originally Posted by Busyman™ View Post
    This is what when the word police worries about a word. One lets it trip them up.

Low in quality.

"OMG, menial only means unskilled work!"

Get a loife.
    Busy, you're a fantastic wordsmith.

I don't mean that of course, but what's the point in writing words which accurately convey what I want to express to the reader.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast