Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: you think we'd be better safe than sorry?

j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    If you insist that the sky is normally green in color, and I insist in my own turn that it is blue, we are at an impasse.

If you posit a theory that makes no sense to me whatsoever, and insist that "kinda accurate" constitutes irrefutability, then I am left to conclude you willfully refuse to be convinced otherwise.

This is not debate, it is light-years from reasonable discussion and bereft of logic, yet you insist it has merit and worth.

You have a brain, but not the least idea of what to do with it, yet think you can win or forestall arguments merely by keeping what you do not know at arm's-length.

You readily admit you know nothing of politics or history, yet you make no effort to inform yourself.

I have better things to do.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

2. The Drawing Room   -   #32
    GepperRankins's Avatar we want your oil!
    Quote Originally Posted by j2k4 View Post
    If you insist that the sky is normally green in color, and I insist in my own turn that it is blue, we are at an impasse.

If you posit a theory that makes no sense to me whatsoever, and insist that "kinda accurate" constitutes irrefutability, then I am left to conclude you willfully refuse to be convinced otherwise.

This is not debate, it is light-years from reasonable discussion and bereft of logic, yet you insist it has merit and worth.

You have a brain, but not the least idea of what to do with it, yet think you can win or forestall arguments merely by keeping what you do not know at arm's-length.

You readily admit you know nothing of politics or history, yet you make no effort to inform yourself.

I have better things to do.
    pfft. not the point. i'm saying there's more reason for america to have committed a false flag attack than al-qaeda to have done it. you're saying i'm wrong but haven't actually said why. you just choose to believe the official story and ignore common sense.

i know not of putins past, but that doesn't stop the US having influence on russia from a stonghold in afghanistan.

i know that whether you believe in a free market or not. taking someones oil is beneficial to you.

i'm pretty sure the vast majority of people are born with the sense to dismiss their own high investment-high risk-low return ideas.

i'm making an effort to inform myself. i'm just not learning shit from you. you just think an argument should be about winning. i'm sticking to the point because i don't want you to own me something irrelevent then let this thread lie, justifying your own dismissal of this theory, based on the grounds that you don't really like the idea much.

i think you're misunderstanding the kinda accurate/irrefutability thing.

alex jones was vague in his description of 911, but accurate in that something unlike anything that had ever happened in history happened within his few months. included his hijacked planes and buildings blowing up, and was blamed on his bin laden.

that's completely seperate to what i said was irrefutable.

i said it's irrefutable that no matter how intolerant you are, investing all your money in an attack on a hugely capable enemy without any plan for the aftermath is illogical. and america have gained power from these attacks.

if i insist the sky is green and you insist the sky is blue. tell me to go outside and look.

3. The Drawing Room   -   #33
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Quote Originally Posted by GepperRankins View Post

if i insist the sky is green and you insist the sky is blue. tell me to go outside and look.
    That is precisely what I have been telling you to do, in the most comprehensive way possible.

As to your contention I haven't 'disproved' your and Jones' theory, I believe it far-fetched to the point of not standing on it's own to begin with.

I say, 'support your own supposition'; you say, "here is one I've found on the interweb that is counter to commonly-accepted wisdom-see if you can refute it".

One cannot prove a negative.

With that I am finished, here.

Really.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

4. The Drawing Room   -   #34
    limesqueezer's Avatar kwasheni rejtash
    Did osama want to attack the cleaners in world trade center on 911 day lol. What did he aimed in pentagon and why there were no parts of airplane found ?
    Why there are always countries with oil to blame for terrorism and how can they save the people if they kill few thousands of poor ppl ?

5. The Drawing Room   -   #35
    MagicNakor's Avatar On the Peripheral
    I'm a little confused how Russia came into this thread.

things are quiet until hitler decides he'd like to invade russia
    so, he does
    the russians are like "OMG WTF D00DZ, STOP TKING"
    and the germans are still like "omg ph34r n00bz"
    the russians fall back, all the way to moscow
    and then they all begin h4xing, which brings on the russian winter
    the germans are like "wtf, h4x"
    -- WW2 for the l33t

6. The Drawing Room   -   #36
    Quote Originally Posted by MagicNakor View Post

What ??

7. The Drawing Room   -   #37
    Barbarossa's Avatar mostly harmless
    Quote Originally Posted by limesqueezer View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by MagicNakor View Post

What ??
    He said :-

8. The Drawing Room   -   #38
    Russia isn't to blame for USA mistakes in time

Rules:
    Please remember that this area is for SERIOUS discussion and debate.

This is not an excuse to say one off offensive remarks... If you have a point to make, then make it with evidence.

One off remarks such as "I hate Muslims" and anything else construed as being beyond the rules of civilised behaviour will be dealt with. This is not to stifle debate... if you have a controversial comment to make, then by all means make it... BUT BACK IT UP.
    Last edited by limesqueezer; 08-24-2006 at 03:25 PM.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234