Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Is there smth better than SCT or FTN?

thenastyguy BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    Btw what does "fastest tracker" mean...speeds or upload times?
    Both.

People have their own taste and for some, TL is the best. I don't argue with that.

2. BitTorrent   -   #12
    BANNED BT Rep: +2
    Quote Originally Posted by waterloo View Post
    How is ScT better than TL? For someone like me who just downloads Movies(xvid) and some music, is there any point trying to get a ScT invite? TL has tonnes of seeds, fast uploads....what else makes a good tracker? Btw what does "fastest tracker" mean...speeds or upload times?
    If you have TL, you probably don`t need ScT, they both have almost the same things (there are even files that TL has , and ScT doesnt).
    The good things about ScT is that the torrents are released very fast, and maybe at TL you should wait 1 hr more till it appears. Also there are many users that have fast connections at ScT, but harder to make a good ratio than at TL.

3. BitTorrent   -   #13
    Btw what does "fastest tracker" mean...speeds or upload times?
    The answer should be: combination of both. Whats the use of have it onsite while there a wait of couple of hours (or even days)??? (Not refering to TL or ScT in particular, speaking in general)

But the ease to seed back shall be taken into consideration as well.
    Last edited by Pr1nc3; 08-31-2006 at 11:55 PM.

4. BitTorrent   -   #14
    j0hn's Avatar leet poster BT Rep: +1
    quick answer: no, there isnt

5. BitTorrent   -   #15
    syD's Avatar RETIRED
    Quote Originally Posted by jaqozo View Post
    According to your sig you are a member of :
    sct,fsc, ftn, TL, bitmetv, bitme, oink, filemp3, TT. Isn`t it enough for you ?
    Or.. what can be better than all those trackers together ?
    i'll try to answer that instead of him.
    i think this has nothing to do with getting the stuff you need anymore, just a challenge to see how 1337 one can still get.
    getting an **-* account is a real challenge, and having an **-* account in ones sig can really boost ones status/ego.

this quest for invites is starting to be done as a pure challenge, not due to practical reasons at anymore. alot of users have stated that **-* is not that great, and still, the interest in it hasn't diminished one bit.

6. BitTorrent   -   #16
    DKre8ive1's Avatar L0st N S0und BT Rep: +2
    How is ScT better than TL? For someone like me who just downloads Movies(xvid) and some music, is there any point trying to get a ScT invite? TL has tonnes of seeds, fast uploads....what else makes a good tracker? Btw what does "fastest tracker" mean...speeds or upload times?
    The Fastest tracker is only as fast as the person ISP allows them to use and sometimes when there is to many seeders/leechers with servers connections on a torrent it could turn out hurting guy on a slow dsl line.
    Who would of probably faired better had he been at a Slower tracker because he would be able to get more leechers earlier on and who knows maybe even finish leeching and seeding it back sooner.

7. BitTorrent   -   #17
    berserk1980's Avatar BERSERK BT Rep: +4
    for most ppl , tl(or *********) is enough. happy life is most important.
    if you wanna challenge , i can tell you---there is no end.
    in china , lots of good trackers , you will never get them all , even know them.
    and as i know , korea and japan's p2p fields are also very large.
    so as i think, happylife is most important,appreciate what you've got, you lucky guy. donot get lost
    Last edited by berserk1980; 09-01-2006 at 05:37 AM.

8. BitTorrent   -   #18
    tetrakis's Avatar Nucleophile BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    Between ScT and F** you'll get all the movies with fast pre times. Some people think F** is better, but most think ScT is better. I also use pisexy to get an occasional release that the other two don't get.....but you have to make sure it's not just some dude using dvd shrink (which the other two sites don't allow). But, i did get the newest NTSC version of luky number slevin a couple of days ago at pisexy.
    Last edited by tetrakis; 09-02-2006 at 06:04 PM.

9. BitTorrent   -   #19
    ‹^› ‹(•¿•)› ‹^› BT Rep: +1
    FTN ftw!!!!!

I don't have ScT though, so I couldn't comment on that.

10. BitTorrent   -   #20
    FreeDoom's Avatar Obsessed By Cruelty
    I understant your need for challenges i like that too even if the sites aren't that good.

You can try **-* as someone said

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast