Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New York woman hits loterry......again.

vidcc's Avatar there is no god
    Quote Originally Posted by Skizo View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Virtualbody1234 View Post

How much of her winnings do you think are spent on more tickets?
    I thought about this too. Surely not a million.

She also stated that she bought each of her 3 children homes with the first winnings. This million is just for her.
    Taking a lump sum as you pointed out does reduce the payout, then take the tax away from what's left we are talking what? $600,000 give or take. Each of her children probably had to pay tax on the value of the houses as well and perhaps she covered that.
    I assume she went modest but in reasonable neighborhoods with the 3 houses but even so that would have left her with very little for herself and a nice piece of equity for her children.
    In all it seems that she isn't the greedy sort and given her age I don't think it too awful if she spent the rest, which after all the other stuff wouldn't be a huge amount, enjoying herself. She set her children up, they can make their own luck.
    I say good luck to her and she should enjoy life to the full with the new money, in the way she wants.

But you are right, she is a lucky b****

it’s an election with no Democrats, in one of the whitest states in the union, where rich candidates pay $35 for your votes. Or, as Republicans call it, their vision for the future.

2. Lounge   -   #12
    Seedler's Avatar T__________________T
    That female dog.
    Biostar XE T5
    i5-750 @ 4.0 GHZ stable (CM Hyper 212)
    2 x 2GB Cosair XMS3 DDR3 1600MHZ
    Radeon 5850 @ 866/1254MHZ
    Intel X25-M in RAID 0
    WD Caviar Black 2TB in RAID 0
    3 x Asus 25.5" VW266H LCD [Eyefinity]

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12