Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How to "disguise" torrent downloading?

sun_star's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +2
    I can't tell you for sure but i think if you use encryption and set the port to 80 or msn port and doing it at night they wouldn't detect u that fast (it depends how paranoid the network administrator is).
    If they can't access your computer without your permission they can suspect (or even know) that your using p2p but they can't PROVE its illegal stuff... However there is always a risk.

Another suggestion is to download through a computer that is in computer room (if its possible) and then sending it to your computer by internal LAN.. today utorrent even allow remoet control so u don't even have to go to the computer room physically.

2. BitTorrent   -   #12
    exo_body's Avatar Poster
    yeah, but to use the computers you have to log on using your ID, so they know who is using the computer to download

3. BitTorrent   -   #13
    man that sucks... There is no 0 risk method.. i suggest you ask your friends/neighbours coz depends on how strict the network admin is.. coz even if they can't monitor what u download they can ask u when they see the bw u use (and then again this might not be the case).
    To be on the safe side i would do encryption etc... use port like msn/http and i wouldn't download much

4. BitTorrent   -   #14
    exo_body's Avatar Poster
    yeah, im slowly going insane without my weekly fix of tv epsiodes,movies and games. Thanks for your help btw. Im gonna try and see if anyone else in the halls has found a full proof way of avoiding getting caught, cause i really dont wanna get kicked out

5. BitTorrent   -   #15
    You should ask around has anybody been caught b4... etc.. coz al uni's has a 'strict internet policy' but might not force it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12