Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: What an incredible asshole...

GepperRankins's Avatar we want your oil!
    Quote Originally Posted by vidcc View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by JPaul View Post
    Don't the FBI only deal wth Federal matters. I understood that this was a gross misdemeanor and subject to State law.

Sorry if I got that totally wrong, again. You'll understand how we chaps don't really understand the different layers of your judiciary and law enforcement.
    It depends on if there are any applicable federal laws involved. Someone mentioned a federal enticement law.

It is possible that foley broke no laws, but in public life that makes it no less of a scandal.
    we should be honest about the scandal. it's because he's gay, not because he's a pedophile

2. The Drawing Room   -   #72
    Busyman™'s Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tempestv View Post
    According to the CREW posting, the boy e-mailed a colleague in Alexander's office about Foley's e-mails, saying, "This freaked me out." On the request for a photo, the boy repeated the word "sick" 13 times.
    it doesn't sound like this kid was exactly consenting, which raises this to a whole new level.

@busy, any idea what the actual text of the rules concerning this are? and I thought the law on un married fornication was good too
    Damn I missed this.

I was joshing around about the age of consent (my mom was married at 16 in DC) but that fornication law is suspect.

Hell, the fornication law might be old (super old) and the consent law could have been changed for all I know. There are fellas in my crew that know consent law like the back of their hands (horny bastards).

The proper term for Foley would be an ephebophile, I guess.
    Last edited by Busyman™; 10-05-2006 at 09:11 PM.

3. The Drawing Room   -   #73
    JPaul's Avatar Fat Secret Agent
    Quote Originally Posted by vidcc View Post
    Don't the FBI only deal wth Federal matters. I understood that this was a gross misdemeanor and subject to State law.

Sorry if I got that totally wrong, again. You'll understand how we chaps don't really understand the different layers of your judiciary and law enforcement.
    It depends on if there are any applicable federal laws involved. Someone mentioned a federal enticement law.

It is possible that foley broke no laws, but in public life that makes it no less of a scandal.
    Thanks for that.

4. The Drawing Room   -   #74
    Biggles's Avatar Looking for loopholes
    If the Republicans have a bit of a bad day at the office in the November elections at least they have scapegoats and scoundrels to vilify and pillory.

A lynching and hanging will at least give them an opportunity to make good with their electoral base
    Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum

5. The Drawing Room   -   #75
    What you have then is a seriously bizarre situation.

The US has a Federal age of consent of 16. Most states have an age of consent of 16. So if they had consentual sex in most places in the US, not a problem. However this man is being demonised for sending e-mails. Which, from what I've seen aren't actually that risque.

Do you see how that looks a bit strange to someone looking in.

6. The Drawing Room   -   #76
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggles View Post
    If the Republicans have a bit of a bad day at the office in the November elections at least they have scapegoats and scoundrels to vilify and pillory.

A lynching and hanging will at least give them an opportunity to make good with their electoral base
    Or, they have already decided that they can't win anyway so are taking the opportunity to "clean house". Best to wash their own smalls, rather than leaving them for others to find.

7. The Drawing Room   -   #77

Or, they have already decided that they can't win anyway so are taking the opportunity to "clean house". Best to wash their own smalls, rather than leaving them for others to find.
    Tsk are you suggesting that politicos are cynical?

8. The Drawing Room   -   #78
    Tempestv's Avatar Engineer
    From what I can tell, this kid was not responding to this creep. he thought that what this guy was doing was sick and wanted no part in it. I'd be willing to bet that he broke some kind of law in the instance that has been reported, although it sounds like the family isn't willing to press charges for privacy reasons. however, it sounds like he has done this kind of thing more than a few times over at least three years, and I would hope that some law enforcement of some kind invesigates the other times he has done this. From the sound of things, this is going to happen.

My other question is how did this guy get away with this for so long, particularly when from what I have read, several others knew what he was doing.

Finally, I want to know how the demecratic party was to blaime for this when from the sound of it, everyone involved was republican, including the guy that broke the story to the hill.

and no, my position would not change if the sexes of the adult or kid were different
    Plan for the worst, hope for the best

9. The Drawing Room   -   #79
    What has it got to do with the Democrats? I thought they were likely to be the beneficiaries of this embarrassment. All they have to do is say little and looked slightly shocked (not easy for a politician to do either I know).

10. The Drawing Room   -   #80
    What has it got to do with the Democrats? I thought they were likely to be the beneficiaries of this embarrassment. All they have to do is say little and looked slightly shocked (not easy for a politician to do either I know).
    The opportunities for righteous indignation are fantastic. The Democrats and the homophobes must be dancing a dance of joy. In a bizarre twist the homosexuals must also be having a good larf about the whole thing.

The liberals must be a wee bit pissed off tho'.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast