Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Torrent stopped at 99.9%

In your client check for peers tab and see what the other leechers % is, if all 99.9% you gonna have to wait till seeder comes back to complete torrent.

2. BitTorrent   -   #12
    Rip The Jacker's Avatar Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by victord66 View Post
    I have a torrent that has been stuck at 99.9% for almost six months. I've upload 6.5 times what I've downloaded but every time I start it up there are no seeds but quite a few peers. What to do?
    Holy crap six months? You must be really patient.

Just stop it and watch the AVI with 99.9% downloaded... your not going to miss much. =/

It'll be an incomplete AVI file, so it might not play, but there are apps that can repair incomplete movies so they play as if they are complete.

3. BitTorrent   -   #13
    If there is a thumbs.db in the torrent, it will show in the files column in ur torrent client...it can be hidden only in windows explorer. If it's at 99.9% most media players will play it fine and will skip the missing portion (can't be more than a couple of secs)

If it's a popular movie, then there are sure to be other torrents with the same file on public sites such as torrentspy, mininova and isohunt. Try searching and u might find one with seeders....then simply add the tracker or resume.

4. BitTorrent   -   #14
    I should have tried this long ago. I just tried playing the incomplete bc file and it plays just fine. Stupid me. I could kick myself. Obviously the .1% missing is not needed. :-(

5. BitTorrent   -   #15
    Oh and another thing...do urself a favor and stop using BitComet

6. BitTorrent   -   #16
    Hmmm...I'm really used to BitComet and am reluctant to switch unless someone can recommend a much better client...with the same/better features....??

7. BitTorrent   -   #17

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12