Page 406 of 462 FirstFirst ... 306356396403404405406407408409416456 ... LastLast
Results 4,051 to 4,060 of 4614

Thread: What is the latest movie you watched and what did you think of it?

OlegL's Avatar Poster
    The last movie I watched was "The Town". It was very good.

2. Movies & TV   -   #4052
    Funkin''s Avatar home skillet BT Rep: +4
    My girl dragged me last night to see Bridesmaids, and I'm pretty glad she did as I laughed constantly throughout(I can't lie to you guys, I dragged her to see it). I was with my sisters recently and this movie was basically all they talked about. But I immediately dismissed at being another drama filled chick-flick. I was wrong. The "serious moments" were minimal but the humor was from start to finish.

Anyways, I'm glad I saw it.

Before that I saw Round Midnight and Let's Get Lost. Both are jazz movies(actually the latter is a documentary). And I can only recommend Let's Get Lost. I literally fought myself to finish Round Midnight. This movie stars some of my favorite jazz musicians, but none of them could act worth a shit. Bobby Hutcherson was the best of the worst.

3. Movies & TV   -   #4053
    I was dragged to bridesmaids as well. It was very funny IMO

4. Movies & TV   -   #4054
    Hologram's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Dylan Dog. I've had much bigger expectations for that movie. 5.5/10.

5. Movies & TV   -   #4055
    iLOVENZB's Avatar FST Crew BT Rep: +1
    Beastly // 2011.

I don't know why this was rated so poorly. Sure there was the odd plot hole and few awkward lines but it was alright for a teen romance.

Major flaw I found was (possible spoilers);

When Kyle (the beast) got the "ugly" spell cast upon him, he hid in a dark room. When his father turned the light on he knew it was him instantly. While Kyle the beast was tramping around the country side nobody knew it was him.

This film stars that hot chick from High School Musical, that hot twin who always act together, the womaniser (playing a womanising blind guy) from How I Met Your Mother and the dude from Stormbreaker.

edit: apparently it wasn't very faithful to the book. Reason for poor rating?
    Last edited by iLOVENZB; 06-16-2011 at 10:23 AM.
    "Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music"

6. Movies & TV   -   #4056
    Poster BT Rep: +3
    fast and furios rio heist- just awsome!!!

7. Movies & TV   -   #4057
    whatcdfan's Avatar A.W.A BT Rep: +2
    Henry's Crime, and it sucked, till the end I was waiting for something to happen but it didn't.

8. Movies & TV   -   #4058
    Hologram's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Sucker Punch. God what a shitty movie.

9. Movies & TV   -   #4059
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    The Lincoln Lawyer- Matthew McConaughey, Marisa Tomei.
    Disclosure: I've read the books from which this is sourced

Fifteen years ago, this would have been a prime example of a Hollywood mainstream movie.
    The casting is OK- McConaughey is suitably smarmy and self-assured and Tomei still has a magnificent smile but William Macy and Bryan Cranston are criminally underused.
    The plot telegraphs it's twists so no one is left wondering what is going on.
    Basically, it's Law and Order: SVU with slightly higher production values.

I'm not even sure why I'm writing about it as I have no feelings one way or the other a mere two days after viewing.
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

10. Movies & TV   -   #4060
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Quote Originally Posted by clocker View Post
    I'm not even sure why I'm writing about it as I have no feelings one way or the other a mere two days after viewing.
    Clocker found a Clunker.

Quote Originally Posted by Busyman View Post
    Unknown (2011) with Liam Neeson.

Phenomenal movie....

The Adjustment Bureau is a love story. Fellas....avoid.

Red Riding Hood.....surprisingly good (I can't believe it)
    It can't be.

Heard he'd come down with marriage, two+ kids, and is thinking of joining the Tea Party Movement.

How's you, you ornery bar-steward.
    Last edited by j2k4; 06-24-2011 at 01:04 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain