Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Can my ISP bust me?

gamer4eva's Avatar Torrent_King BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    Quote Originally Posted by ivenholt View Post
    what the hell are you guys d\loading?
    Top secret stuff to overthrow the government i bet....
    Temptations The Ultimate Flaw In Humans

2. Newsgroups   -   #22
    Quote Originally Posted by 4play View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Peerzy View Post
    ISP's are not legally allowed to view the data you are downloading, only how much and from where (IP address which would just be a NG server).
    site your sources since im actually pretty interested if this is true or not.
    If your service supports SSL theres very little chance they will see wot your traffic is used for anyway

3. Newsgroups   -   #23
    I worked for a small ISP during my first two years of college - only extremely high users were ever noticed. It will also depend on your service, as if you're dling 700gigs on cable, you may have others in your neighbor hood complaining, which will raise flags as well. Never once did we ask a customer to slow down on their bandwidth. Our local service was pretty nice, and many customers received much higher speeds then they paid for - for the customers that were excessive in their bandwidth, we did throttle their useage to the speeds they paid for. I don't know what the laws are, but its not impossible for an ISP to see exactly what you're dling - on occasion a tech would start laughing as he stumbled upon a user visiting animallove.com and downloading a file called hideitinthegoat.avi

Juinkie

4. Newsgroups   -   #24
    HeLLo BT Rep: +2
    My ISP has 30GB download limit each month, what happens if i go over that?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123