Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Encoding

Here you go. IU think this is what u r talking about. Also, the only codes i have installed have been the mpeg layer 3 audio thing and divx 5.03.

Gspot Pic

2. Movies & TV   -   #12
    I cant see your picture,and there is a new version of DivX,install that one instead but uninstall the old one first.

This is what I have installed on my computer.

DivX 3.11
    DivX 5.05
    Xvid
    AC3

It plays DivX,Xvid and movies with AC3.
    There is other good codecs like Ligos and .ogg but I havenīt got a movie with using those codecs yet so I havenīt installed it.

3. Movies & TV   -   #13
    Ok update, maybe this wil tell you what is going on.
    I opened the avi in vdub then under video i changed the compression to microsoft mpeg-4 and it worked. It converted to svcd with no problems. What is going on? Can my computer not do divx? It plays it in wmp with divx. Hope this helps.

4. Movies & TV   -   #14
    Originally posted by cdawg@11 May 2003 - 02:43
    Ok update, maybe this wil tell you what is going on.
    I opened the avi in vdub then under video i changed the compression to microsoft mpeg-4 and it worked. It converted to svcd with no problems. What is going on? Can my computer not do divx? It plays it in wmp with divx. Hope this helps.
    okay thats strange,dud you tried to change the VFAPI plug-in order in TMPGenc--->option--->Enviromental settings--->VFAPI plug-in?
    Mine is set like this and it encodes even with AC3 but I have another version of AC3,not the one from K-Lite Codec Pack and this is how I set it:

DirectShow Multimedia File Reader........4
    AVI2(OpenDML) File Reader...................1
    AVI VFW compatibility Reader................0
    Microsoft MPEG-1 Decoder.....................0
    Wave File Reader...................................0
    BMP/PPM/TGA/JPG File Reader..............-2
    TMPGEnc Project File Reader 2.58........-2

5. Movies & TV   -   #15
    Ok i will try that.

I have one more question. I burned the svcd yesterday and i used this setting full screen (same aspect ratio) and it had the borders at top and bottom and i dont want that. I encoded the vcd (nero) a couple of weeks ago and it took about 1 inch off of each and i dont want that either. Is there a way to have the movie just fit the screen without borders or being off the screen? I guess it is a widescreen movie..... Thank you for your help.

6. Movies & TV   -   #16
    Try change it to ONLY fullscreen

7. Movies & TV   -   #17
    Ok the full screen thing did it but I tried to encode it while it was in divx and sure enough my computer restarted. Encoded it again except this time in mircosoft mpeg 4 and it encoded........

My questionis: WTF ???

8. Movies & TV   -   #18
    Poster
    Thats a common problem but it doesn't bother me. I get like half an inch cut off each side

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12