Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Bookworld Got A Poll!

BANNED
    bookworld sux, LETS NUKE IT
    yes we have a photo copier to pirate them

2. Music   -   #22
    MagicNakor's Avatar On the Peripheral
    Too bad it's much more difficult to photocopy books than it is to rip a CD. Costs more, and you're far more likely to get caught.

things are quiet until hitler decides he'd like to invade russia
    so, he does
    the russians are like "OMG WTF D00DZ, STOP TKING"
    and the germans are still like "omg ph34r n00bz"
    the russians fall back, all the way to moscow
    and then they all begin h4xing, which brings on the russian winter
    the germans are like "wtf, h4x"
    -- WW2 for the l33t

3. Music   -   #23
    Poster
    thats why I hate books

4. Music   -   #24
    Jayhawk
    Originally posted by Jibbler@11 May 2003 - 12:06
    I'm really surprised that there isn't more discussion in musicworld. Lots of files being downloaded, but it seems no one wants to talk about it. They'd rather count the minutes to the next Matrix release.
    that is a good point

5. Music   -   #25
    Poster
    Because more & more petty arguments seem to be breaking out

6. Music   -   #26
    Poster
    i like summerlindas idea about a music poll. Not necessarily one limited between rap and rock but all kinds of music.
    PLEASE help me get my Free IPOD! my brother got his 4 days ago and i need help with referrals. the screensavers just aired a story and it works. Just use my referral link and i suggest the 2 week blockbuster trial. you won't owe anything! http://www.freeiPods.com/default.aspx?referer=10154369

7. Music   -   #27
    MagicNakor's Avatar On the Peripheral
    I think it's because what most of the discussion here consists of is "rap sux!" and the like. A lot of people don't find that kind of discussion stimulating.

things are quiet until hitler decides he'd like to invade russia
    so, he does
    the russians are like "OMG WTF D00DZ, STOP TKING"
    and the germans are still like "omg ph34r n00bz"
    the russians fall back, all the way to moscow
    and then they all begin h4xing, which brings on the russian winter
    the germans are like "wtf, h4x"
    -- WW2 for the l33t

8. Music   -   #28
    Jibbler's Avatar proud member of MDS
    Music shouldn't have labels and bounderies, its about expression and personal choice. I don't buy country music, but I like a few songs. I don't like alot of rap, but a few performers still keep my interest. People are so quick to slap a label on things and draw lines in the sand. In reality, alot of our interests bleed over from one genre to the next, so its pretty irresponsible as "small scale music critics" to talk about things as if they were black and white.
    Proud member of MDS

9. Music   -   #29
    Okay, I may make some enemies because of this but here is my spin....

Though music has the ability to educate and to speak directly to our souls, it is generally taken strictly as it is given. Some of us may know little snippets of history about a song, or a bands origins, but for the most part, we take the song as singular and therefore, for granted. There are some of us that understand a little bit more about music, - the theory, history, instruments, production, whatever - maybe because we're musicians, maybe its a personal hobby, or maybe we have musical families.

The book worms are in many ways spoon fed their discussions... printed right there on the page (screen, whatever). Where music (in my opinion) speaks more to the soul, books speak more to the mind and the cognitive processes... its language afterall. Not that books do not speak to the soul. Because they are language based we process the information on a level close to how we then retell or discuss it to others.

My point is that if someone asks you about a song or a piece of music, you can never do justice to the creation by describing it. If someone asks you about a book, the creation in many EDIT: cases describes itself....

I still think we should have a poll though....... DOWN WITH BOOKS! (...unless they are about music)

How about a thread, what's the best book on or about music that you've ever read (starts to search to make sure there isn't one already there)

10. Music   -   #30
    Forum Star
    I hear all you guys complaining of not getting a poll about music, but I am still waiting for the first good suggestion.
    Except for Summerlinda's, that is.

Fire away and you'll have your Music Poll!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast