Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tired Of Fakes

harrycary's Avatar Poster
    I got to agree with Jibbler, delete the fakes.

In fact, I've been sending nasty nasty messages to anyone with a fake file. Especially the bozos who download a movie based on the Kazaa name and never look at the actual file name! Hopefully they realize their error after receiving my message. Teehee.

I know, it's really childish but does make me feel better.

Quote Red Foreman "they're all dumbasses!"

2. File Sharing   -   #12
    BANNED
    i wrote a nasty letter to an idiot sharing fakes and he told me so what thats not my problem"

I just delete fakes too there is never a fake file thats worth having never its useally some shit if its not what i want i always delete it

3. File Sharing   -   #13
    Poster
    Originally posted by Jibbler+12 May 2003 - 01:16--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Jibbler @ 12 May 2003 - 01:16)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--I~want@11 May 2003 - 15:14
    " unshare it "
    what is this?
    how do I?
    I prefer just to delete the bogus file. Renaming it just causes more confusion. Kazaa is great, but fakes are going to ruin the network. The verifieds and the upcoming database will help sort things out. [/b][/quote]
    Wise words and i agree with you totally on what you said.

Have always and will always delete fakes,just waste of peoples bandwidth downloading them.

Seems to be quite alot of moaning from n00bs about fakes and leeches,some of you have got to get out more and live in the real world

4. File Sharing   -   #14
    I&#39;ve got a better idea. A central database spread to every Supernode. It&#39;d be a small text file and could even be zipped. It would update once an hour or so to keep current. It would have fake files and everything would be renamed to the correct thing automatically. Less search results, less network stress. The server load would go up a little, but it&#39;d save that much at least in false downloads.

Devs? How bout it? I&#39;m sure we could get the community rallied behind this. It&#39;s stop every false file spreader dead in their tracks.
    <span style='color:red'>Insult To Injury</span>

5. File Sharing   -   #15
    Originally posted by acetken@12 May 2003 - 10:38
    I&#39;ve got a better idea. A central database spread to every Supernode. It&#39;d be a small text file and could even be zipped. It would update once an hour or so to keep current. It would have fake files and everything would be renamed to the correct thing automatically. Less search results, less network stress. The server load would go up a little, but it&#39;d save that much at least in false downloads.

Devs? How bout it? I&#39;m sure we could get the community rallied behind this. It&#39;s stop every false file spreader dead in their tracks.
    Funny I was reading that http://www.earthstation5.com/ is supposed to launch not only with encryption, but also with "file verification", there will be a green light next to the file if its a verified one, supposed to launch with 1.5 million verifieds built in and set to grow. Wow, encryption and verifieds, now they just need a user base.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12