Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: UltimateDefrag

Diskeeper 10 is what I'm still using, I didn't even know 11 was out. Just using this to defrag my page file speed my computer up alot.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    Quote Originally Posted by CableGuy View Post
    Diskeeper 10 is what I'm still using, I didn't even know 11 was out. Just using this to defrag my page file speed my computer up alot.

Just tried it and it was so fast did n't think it worked . But I'm still running DK 11 so its not a true test . Tried Boot Defrag it took 2 secs ? BS .

I'd have to try on a different system ,I sent to a few of my Butt head friends to try . They never Defrag unless I'm there doing it for them . Reminds me of System Mechanic Defrag in that it has a strange look .

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13
    Hairbautt's Avatar *haircut

Urgent

Quote Originally Posted by peat moss View Post
    Just tried it and it was so fast did n't think it worked . But I'm still running DK 11 so its not a true test . Tried Boot Defrag it took 2 secs ? BS .
    You are selecting the files you want for UltimateDefrag on the outer rim first right? (high performance) and the archives? And you got it on the"Consolidate" method, with respect to 'High Performance' and 'archives', right? Cause I didn't at first and it took 3-4 seconds, too.

Anyways, new version! UltimateDefrag 1.32

http://www.disktrix.com/ultimatedefrag/
    http://www.nsaneproductions.com/?request=5113647
    _________________________________________________________________________________________
    Last edited by Alien5; Jun 6th, 2006 at
    06:36 PM..

4. Software & Hardware   -   #14
    peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    No I did n't take your advice to read the help file first ! Its funny how fickle you get trying new programs tho . I deleted it after a day but will try again ,I liked the defrag with as little as 1 % free space idea .

I see its on Nsanes site so it must be good , when did he get back online ?
    Last edited by peat moss; 11-25-2006 at 03:08 PM.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #15
    zapjb's Avatar Computer Abuser BT Rep: +3
    Hairbautt
    You are selecting the files you want for UltimateDefrag on the outer rim first right? (high performance) and the archives? And you got it on the"Consolidate" method, with respect to 'High Performance' and 'archives', right? Cause I didn't at first and it took 3-4 seconds, too.
    What files should I put on the outer rim? And consolidate? I got the high performance part. But I don't understand how to do all you said.

Explain please. I see the options. But I don't know how to enable them all at once. It doesn't let me select more than 1 option.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #16
    Hairbautt's Avatar *haircut

Urgent

In Options in Ultimate Defrag:
    High Performance and Archives should be 'custom' and (I would) also check to 'Respect Layout.ini'.
    1.) High Performace - select program folders that you often use.
    ex. The Windows Folder, Game folders, maybe your office word processor, Media Player, etc.
    2.) Archives - select programs rarely used.
    ex. Windows Update Hotfix Uninstallers, My Pictures, media clips, clipart, etc.

*When you go to actually defrag, select the 'Consolidate Method' and in its options, and you MUST have it respect 'High Perf. & Archives'.

*Also remember when you have selected files for 'High Performance' you can move items to the top of the list for priority, but be sure you have all the items you want cause if you add something it'll reset the list (annoying).

***There's also a .pdf in your Disktrix startmenu folder***
    Last edited by Hairbautt; 11-25-2006 at 03:52 PM.
    _________________________________________________________________________________________
    Last edited by Alien5; Jun 6th, 2006 at
    06:36 PM..

7. Software & Hardware   -   #17
    Iceblade's Avatar torrentlover
    ive tried ultimatedefrag and to be honest afterwards i had a lot of problems with my pc and eventually it kept crashing....could be coincidence i dont know but im not touching it again....i use diskeeper.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #18
    abu_has_the_power's Avatar I have cool stars
    i've been using this for a few weeks now. got from sct when it came out. it's done wonders for my 80gb in my laptop. i have it organize my hdd contents by how frequent they're accessed, and all the less frequent stuff goes in the center, and the most often used stuff on the outter rings. so far, i haven't noticed too much of a speed increase, but my files fragment a lot less.

i used perfect disk, and this is a lot better

9. Software & Hardware   -   #19
    Chewie's Avatar Chew E. Bakke
    Although I like the feature that you can decide which files/folders to place on the outer cylinders, I don't think I'll bother trying this out as Perfectdisk 8 appears to perform fantasticlly for me anyway.
    It keeps tabs in the background of how often processes run and decides for me which ones need to be placed where.

I've tried O&O, Executive and others but keep coming back to Dk.
    There isn't a bargepole long enough for me to work on [a Sony Viao] - clocker 2008

10. Software & Hardware   -   #20
    Member BT Rep: +1
    I'm a big fan of Diskeeper, but I'll have to give this one a try.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast