Quote Originally Posted by Busyman™ View Post

Revelment is there just for you.

For the stumption.
    Ah.

Your gibberish is intentional, then.

Well done.
    Again, just for you and thanx.

Pleased to be defiling your parsement.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

2. The Drawing Room   -   #32
    lynx's Avatar .
    They replaced a king who had no powers with a president who did.

Of course they were freer.
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

3. The Drawing Room   -   #33
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Quote Originally Posted by lynx View Post

Yes, that is simpler, and your implication is revealing...
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

4. The Drawing Room   -   #34
    Busyman™'s Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!
    Quote Originally Posted by lynx View Post

Riiight so we stopped being a brat flunkie.

Fine by me. We only have one flunkie area left and that's Washington D.C.

Hmmm, maybe congress can jump on the common sense wagon and make DC a state now. It's still funny seeing DC made license plates saying, "Taxation Without Representation".

Btw, are we the only country that fought to come from under the brat's boots?

5. The Drawing Room   -   #35
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Hmmm, maybe congress can jump on the common sense wagon and make DC a state now. It's still funny seeing DC made license plates saying, "Taxation Without Representation".
    Read this.

http://www.dwheeler.com/essays/dc-in-maryland.html
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

6. The Drawing Room   -   #36
    Quote Originally Posted by j2k4 View Post
    Read this.

http://www.dwheeler.com/essays/dc-in-maryland.html
    It's funny that after I posted, I read this while on the shitter.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...110802407.html

Good link, btw. Somehow they should be represented in congress.

As to the reasons against DC statehood, the author cites 3. and 4. as reasons when they are not.

Saying that DC statehood drives have failed in the past or that Maryland never intended for DC to be a state are not reasons for DC not to be a state.
    Last edited by Busyman™; 11-10-2006 at 03:01 AM.

7. The Drawing Room   -   #37
    id say no ppl are not freer(is that really a word, looks weird). pre-civil war, folks could do pretty much what they wanted, depending on region. we ARE free from english rule though. i see alotta debate in class about this.

as far as DC. i think it should be a state and represented in the capital. havin lived there for a few years. i can say that the REAL city(not penn ave or smithsonian...) is misrepresented. DC is dirty n has tooooo much crime, its population should have a voice in congress. im back in philly now and id be pissed if we had no represetation.

Who overseas DC, besides the mayor neway since they dont have a gov.?

8. The Drawing Room   -   #38
    Quote Originally Posted by ram82082 View Post
    id say no ppl are not freer(is that really a word, looks weird). pre-civil war, folks could do pretty much what they wanted, depending on region. we ARE free from english rule though. i see alotta debate in class about this.

as far as DC. i think it should be a state and represented in the capital. havin lived there for a few years. i can say that the REAL city(not penn ave or smithsonian...) is misrepresented. DC is dirty n has tooooo much crime, its population should have a voice in congress. im back in philly now and id be pissed if we had no represetation.

Who overseas DC, besides the mayor neway since they dont have a gov.?
    The mayor

The DC Council

Congress

Btw, a Republican President or Repub Congress would never sign off on DC voting bill.

DC is heavily black and Democrat.

After Adrian Fenty won in the primary for mayor, everyone called him the mayor. Some poor white guy was running on the Republican side.

Adrian Fenty got 98% of the vote.

Obviously, race and party play and big part in politics. In the TV show, The Wire, it has the mayoral race of Baltimore and had Carcetti (based on former mayor and now governor, O'Malley) going up against a black incumbent.

A big deal is made about a white guy winning in Baltimore....yet he did.

After Carcetti won the primary, he was already assumed to be the mayor since it was preposterous that a Repub would win.

Good stuff.
    Last edited by Busyman™; 11-16-2006 at 11:24 PM.

9. The Drawing Room   -   #39
    thats my point exacty Busy, DC will never be a state or a real city. It will continue to be a district. Which is The most retared thing, how the hell can you capital not even be in a state? I know the politicians dont want the poor, black and in-need ppl of DC to have a say. But who operates the shredders or takes out the trash, mops the floors of your illustrious capital building. "Politics as Usual", i got bout 2 more years till i got enuff $, then im gone.

anyone how hard it is to get citizenship in countries like spain, canada etc(more liberal countries)

didnt even kno carcetti was based on a real guy, how'd the real 1 do?
    Last edited by ram82082; 11-17-2006 at 12:34 AM. Reason: the wire

10. The Drawing Room   -   #40
    Quote Originally Posted by ram82082 View Post
    thats my point exacty Busy, DC will never be a state or a real city. It will continue to be a district. Which is The most retared thing, how the hell can you capital not even be in a state? I know the politicians dont want the poor, black and in-need ppl of DC to have a say. But who operates the shredders or takes out the trash, mops the floors of your illustrious capital building. "Politics as Usual", i got bout 2 more years till i got enuff $, then im gone.

anyone how hard it is to get citizenship in countries like spain, canada etc(more liberal countries)

didnt even kno carcetti was based on a real guy, how'd the real 1 do?
    Quote Originally Posted by me
    (based on former mayor and now governor, O'Malley)

But who operates the shredders or takes out the trash, mops the floors of your illustrious capital building.
    I dunno. You tell me.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast