View Poll Results: No question avaiable to import.

Voters
79. You may not vote on this poll
  • No

25 31.65%
  • Only official Live albums

17 21.52%
  • Live Albums & Bootlegs

37 46.84%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Do You Like Live Albums

Originally posted by CrumbCat@13 May 2003 - 20:06
    Anyone who is a true music connoisseur appreciates and enjoys Studio Albums, Live Albums and Bootlegs.

The Studio Albums are great to get to know the style of an artist or group, but without hearing their Live Albums or some of their Bootleg material, you will never get to know the personality of them.

I have many different Live Albums and Bootlegs from many different artists and groups, but the group I have the most Live and Bootleg material of is The Beatles. I have their original Studio Albums (a total of 20) and in addition to those albums, I have roughly another 120 albums of their Live Performances and Bootleg material........needless to say, I voted for "Live Albums & Bootlegs".

There is usually at least some music other than the Studio Albums available for most artists or groups, it's just a matter of finding it.

Tchau!
    That is very true there and i couldn't agree with you more.

2. Music   -   #32
    Arm's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by CrumbCat@13 May 2003 - 20:06
    Anyone who is a true music connoisseur appreciates and enjoys Studio Albums, Live Albums and Bootlegs.
    A connoisseur? Cant people just casually enjoy their shitty music without needing to be hardcore about it?

3. Music   -   #33
    Celerystalksme's Avatar This Is My Clone BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    I love live music

especially Our Lady Peace - Live 2003...one of my fav albums

cant wait to hear the live Pacifier double CD

4. Music   -   #34
    sparsely's Avatar °¤°¤°¤°¤°¤°¤°
    the only live album I've ever really liked is Spiritualized's Royal Albert Hall performance....come to think of it, Bob Dylan's performance
    there was legendary...

anyway. yeah.

this post is guaranteed 100% parrot-free

5. Music   -   #35
    cowswithguns's Avatar Poster
    Love live and bootlegs....

I am a huge Pearl Jam fan and think they are better live than in the studio. They are always a reminder of seeing them live.

6. Music   -   #36
    S!X's Avatar L33T Member BT Rep: +5
    LINKIN PARK LIVE IN TEXAS!!

7. Music   -   #37
    i find official live albums a bit washed up. the blink 182 one for example, contains parts of several shows, not just one. so while they sound like they have tons of funny jokes and are quick at throwing out a laugh, they just have edited material added in.

one of my favorite bands, Streetlight Manifesto, has only played 3 shows so far (they are a new group), and two of them are available in full, and good quality, on the web. they catch the feeling of the show really well.

of course, being at the concert itself cannot be compared to recordings.

8. Music   -   #38
    pusher's Avatar The New Moral
    I love live albums and bootlegs.

My favorites:

Portishead: PNYC
    Peter Gabriel - Plays Live
    Depeche Mode 101
    Smashing Pumpkins - I can't remember what show it was but it was in Atlanta.
    The color of this signature is really blue. If you see otherwise, please adjust your monitor settings.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234