Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Stopzilla! Rules!

Originally posted by GSW@20 May 2003 - 19:47
    I don't use it at the moment, but I was using Kill Pop Up, which can be found on download.com

It stopped any other Internet Explorer windows (apart from you primary one) opening up. E.G. if you were visiting a site and a pop up tried to open, it would not let it... but the draw back of this program, is if you are visiting a site and choose a link which needs to "open link in new window", it won't allow it to, unless you disabled it, which of course is pretty annoying...

Anyway.......
    looks like a very rudimentary popup killer to me...

2. File Sharing   -   #12
    Poster
    Well if it installs spyware then just run ad-aware 6 and it will remove it. I dont think it installs spyware on your comp but I could be wrong.

3. File Sharing   -   #13
    Im sorry to who ever made the comment on norton 2003, it is the best programme for virus related problems in my view.

It hasnt stopped any of my popups and i keep just getting more and more, we have nortons antivirus and nortons internet security (norton applications) and strill get popups.

-NozzeR-

4. File Sharing   -   #14
    NozzeR2003, have you activated the ad blocking of Norton? It isn't on by default.
    I say that because it stops every single one of my popups. I'm pretty happy with it. (except for the fact that I think it's to much of a resource hog)
    Can't remember a movie's name? Ask help at MovieWorld's Lost & Found

5. File Sharing   -   #15
    Yes i do have that activated, im not a newbie dont worry lol i was one of the first ones with kazaa and morpheus lol, thing is, i dusnt seem to block some of my pop ups, also pop ups keep getting saved in my programmes list for some reason, i have scanned through my computer looking for any addware accessing the net but cant find owt so i jus have to deal with it lol

-NozzeR-

6. File Sharing   -   #16
    im not a newbie
    Sorry about that, didn't want to imply you are one...

Anyway, could you give an example of a site that it doesn't block.
    I want to test different popup stoppers, 'cause I'm not happy with Norton as a whole due to that system slowdown.
    Can't remember a movie's name? Ask help at MovieWorld's Lost & Found

7. File Sharing   -   #17
    My Norton internet Security Professional 2003 Firewall bloacks all pop ups B)

8. File Sharing   -   #18
    Poster
    Stopzilla! takes no resources and does an excellent job of blocking pop-ups.

9. File Sharing   -   #19
    This is a good popup test page (though I don't recommend Popup Dummy, I recommend Popup Block)
    Note that the 'Safe' popups should NOT be blocked by your popup killer!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12