Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tis the season to be silly.

j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Quote Originally Posted by vidcc View Post
    We may have different views of the running of the Iraq thing,

I think he is more upset that someone may not share his view of the Iraq war than by the wreath itself.
    As well he may, but any Iraq reference is his, not mine.

I have had more than my fill of objection to free religious expression, and here now is an instance where this picayune bullshit is projecting into the secular arena, but for the same priggish reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by lynx View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by j2k4 View Post
    I hope Kearns ends up with a nice domestic fir tree of the type customarily utilized to celebrate the season (and adorned as well with a really big "peace" symbol) shoved up his ass so far nary a needle is showing.

Happy Holidays.
    Kev, I'm sure you are aware that I'm not generally a fan of your posting style.

But I think that last expresses almost perfectly the feeling all of us have towards that idiot.

Nice one.
    Why thank you, Chris.
    Last edited by j2k4; 01-06-2007 at 05:36 PM.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

2. The Drawing Room   -   #12
    vidcc's Avatar there is no god
    The 'peace wreath' will stay; no fines will be levied

She's gotten an apology and the homeowners association has withdrawn its threat to fine her $25 a day for displaying a "peace wreath" on her home, Lisa Jensen tells the Associated Press.
    source

Now, says Jensen, she's grateful for "the incredible amount of support we have received over the last couple of days"

"I particularly wish to thank j2k4 for his suggestion that a tree be inserted into kearn's rear" which apparently helped change the association president's mind.
    Last edited by vidcc; 11-29-2006 at 03:56 PM.

it’s an election with no Democrats, in one of the whitest states in the union, where rich candidates pay $35 for your votes. Or, as Republicans call it, their vision for the future.

3. The Drawing Room   -   #13
    lynx's Avatar .
    So what's happening to the 5 members who Kearns "fired"?

Did he appointed them in the first place?
    If not, did he have the authority to fire them?

And who changed my name to Craig?
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

4. The Drawing Room   -   #14
    vidcc's Avatar there is no god
    I don't know about the fired members but kearns has resigned

it’s an election with no Democrats, in one of the whitest states in the union, where rich candidates pay $35 for your votes. Or, as Republicans call it, their vision for the future.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12