Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Oink Staff!!!!

Chi Pheo's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    Sorry to hear that tupacker,

Anyways, it already happened and nothing you can do about it. So, just calm down and enjoy the rest you have. Remember, dont be too honest, sometime it hurts you back.

Oink is easy to get a good ratio - now BitmeTV - that is hard.
    It's not that hard at BitmeTV at all !
    Last edited by Chi Pheo; 12-09-2006 at 10:21 AM.

2. BitTorrent   -   #22
    lysine's Avatar 49311 BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by tupacker View Post
    Let me tell you what happened...it looks that someone i invited has cheated and for that his account his disabled (so far so good), then i got all my invites taken and no chance of receiving invites again. I really don't agree with this but it's their rules so i gotta respect.
    that should be the end of it. why you went any further than that, I have no clue. why you're here ranting and bitching about it makes no sense, after you made that statement.

I understand their point of view...i just don't think it's fair for me to loose all my invites FOREVER because a friend of mine cheated!
    read the bolded part of your above quote. you're contradicting yourself.

Now i wonder..is it worth to be a part of a community that treats users like this??
    that has a clearly defined set of rules? that enforces those rules? that operates one of the best music torrent sites on the net?

You should have more respect for users instead of treating them like garbage.
    you should have more respect for the rules that you agreed to when you signed up for the site. you remember those boxes that you had to check, stating that you read the rules and faq and agreed with them?

I still would like to know why can't i register a new account, just for curiosity!!
    I think other people in the thread have answered this pretty clearly.

Quote Originally Posted by DKre8ive1 View Post
    And this would also have me believe you are just trying to get new invites threw the new accounts to use as trades.
    ding ding ding, we have a winner. the only reason to care about losing the invites in the first place is because you want to trade them. it's pretty obvious that someone who was just interested in using the site wouldn't really care about losing their invites. it doesn't affect your ability to upload/download, which is the main goal of a torrent site anyway, right?

and no, I'm not a staff member there, just a satisfied user of two years, who has never had a warning, nor let my ratio drop below 1.0. I've never understood the constant bitching from people who get banned after breaking the rules or not sharing. if you have a problem with a torrent site, the way it's run, or it's staff, simply don't use it. why this is such a hard concept for most people to grasp is beyond me. the sense of entitlement that users of any site feel, is quite perplexing.

3. BitTorrent   -   #23
    ghurka's Avatar Welsh Bhoy BT Rep: +5
    Whilst I don't agree with what you've done I still feel that the policy at Oink, Bitme and BitmeTV is harsh.

OK if you invite a cheat then you have to lose your invites but why can that not be a set period of say 6 months. If you know you will never ever receive invites again then where is your incentive to seed back and keep a good ratio.

4. BitTorrent   -   #24
    phoenixfire's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +14BT Rep +14BT Rep +14
    Quote Originally Posted by ghurka View Post
    Whilst I don't agree with what you've done I still feel that the policy at Oink, Bitme and BitmeTV is harsh.

OK if you invite a cheat then you have to lose your invites but why can that not be a set period of say 6 months. If you know you will never ever receive invites again then where is your incentive to seed back and keep a good ratio.
    Exactly, how's anyone supposed to know they invited a cheater?

Oh that's right. They walk up to them and ask them "Have you been cheating. Because if you have then no invite for you". Yes, I'm sure they'll tell you the truth.

5. BitTorrent   -   #25

because the majority of sites only want you to invite people that you know and trust. not random people that you meet on forums like these and have minimal interaction with.

6. BitTorrent   -   #26
    phoenixfire's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +14BT Rep +14BT Rep +14
    Quote Originally Posted by lysine View Post

because the majority of sites only want you to invite people that you know and trust. not random people that you meet on forums like these and have minimal interaction with.
    Still, they act like people can't keep secrets.

7. BitTorrent   -   #27
    Moonspell13's Avatar Saltwater... BT Rep: +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24
    Quote Originally Posted by lysine View Post

So I suppose you were actually *born* registered to the sites you use .. and you never asked for an invite someone you know over the net..Nor even traded ...

To the friend who replied about DC++ , personally I don't have any problems with the sites I use.. There are several DC clients so I guess you used a *heavy* one?? Also the speeds depend on the hubs and the users and as a result it varies greatly...

8. BitTorrent   -   #28
    Quote Originally Posted by Moonspell13 View Post
    So I suppose you were actually *born* registered to the sites you use .. and you never asked for an invite someone you know over the net..Nor even traded ...
    you're acting like it's impossible to know and trust someone on the internet. participate on tracker forums, participate in irc, build up your ratios, build up your reputation. you will have no problem getting an invite to wherever you want, without resorting to trading invites with people that you don't know.

no, I've never traded invites. there are actually people who freely give away invites to people they know and trust, without expecting anything in return.

and no, I wasn't born onto the sites I use. I've got into plenty during open registration.

9. BitTorrent   -   #29
    amopeo's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +2
    almost all of u are contradicting yourselfs. saying oh do not invite people u do not trust. blah blah blah, and i have seen most of u begging for a trade in the invite section with stranger. and fyi some of u had to get an invite to join whatever site u are in and i am sure if not for strangers u meet here, u will not have that invite.

10. BitTorrent   -   #30
    Quote Originally Posted by amopeo View Post
    almost all of u are contradicting yourselfs. saying oh do not invite people u do not trust.
    that's quite laughable. the only two people in this thread who have mentioned that are joeymad and myself.

i have seen most of u begging for a trade in the invite section with stranger.
    please show me a post that either joeymad or I have made in the invite section. I will be awaiting those links. you are a liar.

edit: he doesn't even have access to the invite section, he just joined a few days ago. it's people like you, who are dishonest and making up lies, that I'm talking about. why would anyone trust you when you're willing to lie about something as miniscule as posts? why would someone like you be trustworthy enough not to cheat?
    Last edited by lysine; 12-09-2006 at 02:42 PM.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast