Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What Are Some Of Your Favorite Acoustic Songs?

Poster
    Eitha the acoustic version of Deftones - Be Quiet and Drive
    Or Wyclef - 911

2. Music   -   #22
    Wow...

That Fuel acoustic was amazing, thanks!

3. Music   -   #23
    i let carbert know about that one.

i've got a version of Hemorrhage that i got off audiogalaxy way back in the day, and it was called

Fuel - Hemorrhage (feat. Lara Pebley)

and i downloaded it, thinking she was a singer, or from another band, but the only artist i can find close to that name is someone called Laura Preble, and i don't think it's her.

i came to the conclusion that it was just some chick that recorded herself with the track, cos the fuel part of it is exactly the same as the studio acoustic version.

It actually sounds sorta good, although she is drowned out by Brett in most parts if u use soulseek u should get it, i've never found it again on kazaa or anything else, although i ain't tried in a while.

It's not amazing though, so if you don't use soulseek i wouldn't start just to hear this song. although soulseek is excellent for many other reasons.

I did a quick search on yahoo, and the term "lara pebley" appears only once, here Some Dude's Winamp Playlist so i don't think the name on the mp3 file is correct, and it could be that Laura Preble woman. anyways, bit of a pointless exericise, but i'm trying to avoid revising for exams.

4. Music   -   #24
    yea im meant 2 be revising for my GCSE's, instead im still downloading the acoustic songs left in that huge list of yours

oh well

5. Music   -   #25
    Finch - Letter to you
    Brand New- The sealt Belt Song

6. Music   -   #26
    Poster
    Mexico by Incubus.........Bob Marley`s Redemption Song.

cheers,
    Bass.

7. Music   -   #27
    Celerystalksme's Avatar This Is My Clone BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    Dave Matthews With Tim Reynolds - Crash Into Me (i got the video of that performance on VH1 story tellers)
    All of Staind's Unplugged Set
    Cold Ft Aaron Lewis - Bleed
    Eric Clapton - Layla + Tears In Heaven
    U2 - One
    and i also love the acoustic bit on Cold - Stupid Girl...
    and Grinspoon - Chemical Heart *great aussie music*

8. Music   -   #28
    Blaze of Glory - Bon Jovi

Tears in Heaven - Eric Clapton

both from MTV Unplugged series

9. Music   -   #29
    Desolation Row by Bob Dylan. From a singer/songwriter's point of view, it's the greatest song ever written. More depth than anything you'll hear today, or yesterday, or tomorrow for that matter. If you're even a borderline Dylan fan, do yourself a favor and DL that tune. It harkens back to the days when music actually meant something.

Anything by Nick Drake is good. Pink Moon is probably his most famous song, and it's one of his best. Heck, anything off that album (Pink Moon) could be called his best work. The man could flat out play the acoustic guitar.

Any acoustic blues bows down to Blind Willie McTell. He was the master. Delia and Statesboro Blues are two of his better efforts.

Boom Boom Mancini by Waren Zevon is just a great tune. The live acoustic version from Learning to Flinch is just awesome. Very powerful stuff.

If you can find it, the acoustic outtake of Something by George Harrison is just breathtaking. I'll take it over the album version any day of the week.

10. Music   -   #30
    Aside from what was already mentioned:

Nirvana - Marigold (just dave grohl and an acoustic)

Soundgarden - Just like suicide (great remake of the "superunknown" track)

Ben Harper - anything, especially the album "fight for your mind", "burn one down" is the bomb

Johnny Cash - Hurt (nine inch nails cover)Personal Jesus (depeche mode cover) a depressed old man singing depressing songs

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast