Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What The Hell Is This?

thanks for changing your sig

I didn't really wanna ask u to change it completely (though I think the new ones funnier) I just thought u could maybe convert it from gif to jpeg or something? But thanks!

2. Software & Hardware   -   #22
    Poster
    lol , I lost the whole works now. When I try to publish to my site I get a message from frontpage telling me the ISP server doesn't support frontpage!! Rather than piss around, i just deleted the whole account.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #23
    Poster
    I've gotten that same file before... Since you mentioned Symantec, I'm wondering if it has something to do with Norton AntiVirus. NAV scans all your incoming and outgoing email, so I wonder if this is a temp file of sorts...

I seriously doubt it's a trojan or virus, as I've had this going on for months and I don't think Symantec is that far behind the curve.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #24
    Poster
    It's nothing to do with symantec scanning my email cause I have the corporate client installed and it doesn't touch outlook express untill you open a file (it only works with Outlook). It's not configured to do anything but deny access to infected files so there'd be no reason for it to have all those addresses and variations of addresses in any temp or data file,unless that info is in an infected file which again points to virus or trojan activity. Still though, there would be some association or extension for the file if it was created by any program or system file I know of. My system has no info on it, it's origin, date of creation, properties, owner, etc. Very unusual given the system settings and security on the server. Nothing else can create or execute files without a whole mess of logs, rules, and properties being created in windows 2000 advanced server. I have scanned the entire system from Other NT systems and other AV programs and found nothing.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123