Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Wii or 360?

GepperRankins's Avatar we want your oil!
    don't diss teh wiimote 'til you've played CoD for long enough to get over flinching and spazzing out

i've completed it and replayed a few levels. i thought CoD was weak on the 360 but the minigames and even shooting mechanics suggest that the wiimote beats mouse or joypad

btw, you're not still holding it out like a pistol are you?

2. Games   -   #12
    maebach's Avatar Team FST Captain
    Im not sure how Wii is gonna play fifa games or basketball games. If they expect for us to buy the controllers, then that sucks. I usually have friends over and stuff, and spending extra money on remotes, nunchuks, and the controller is gonna suck. The best thing about NGC, for me, was RE4 and SUper Smash Bros. But those 2 games were just amazing. Nintendo makes really good party games too, and Im always gonna have people over.

3. Games   -   #13
    nah, they wont probably make you buy more controllers, it would probably come with it

comon guys, this is nintendo after all
    The Homicidal,Suicidal,Genocidal

4. Games   -   #14
    Busyman™'s Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!
    Quote Originally Posted by BrolyBoo View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Busyman™ View Post

Question

How often are you really gonna wanna Wiimote games?

How many more good games besides Zelda will the Wii have?

Metroid is an acquired taste, Super Smash is gonna be great and then there's the obligatory Mario.

I'd like to know if anyone here has a kickass Gamecube library.

If so, what games do you have?

The mileage that I got out of my PS2 and Xbox makes the overall extra money those systems cost worth more than the Gamecube. Fortunately I didn't buy the GC or I'd be pissed about a shitty investment.
    You shoulda really numbered that shit

1. Every game is a Wiimote game, you use the Wiimote
    2. Plenty, Zelda's just a start

I enjoy my gamecube games alot, and i still play it ( i dont feel like listing all of that shit over here, ill do it later)
    Zelda is a GC game bumped up to the Wii. As a matter of fact, I think Zelda is for the GC as well.

You are one of very few that I know that have a lot of GC games and enjoy them.
    When you get the chance, tell which ones you have.

Off the top of my head, I have

RE0
    RE
    RE4
    Super Mario Sunshine
    both Metroids
    Super Smash Bros Melee
    Fairly Oddparents (it was $1...for the kid mang)
    Zelda WindWaker
    Zelda Ocarina Master Quest
    Luigi's Mansion
    Animal Crossing
    Pikmin

That's all I can think of right now. At least back then the GC had kickass graphics for that time. Now I get a special light gun instead.

So all multiplatform games are not worth buying on the Wii since it's like buying it on the GC.

Splinter Cell Double Agent? Ok now I guess what'll set the Wii version apart from 360 and PS3 versions is shittier graphics and a hand motion for snapping someone's neck.

Do you have an Xbox or PS2?

I guess your recommendation is great if the person doesn't plan on buying a shitload of games.

One note. The 360 already has a modchip that allows you to play backups.

5. Games   -   #15
    Celerystalksme's Avatar This Is My Clone BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    Reasons To Own A Wii:

1. WiiSports
    2. WiiPlay (im in Australia so we got that game at launch)
    3. Zelda TP (all kinds of awesomeness)
    4. Warioware is out this month (its the only game you need this month)
    5. Gunstar Heroes on Virtual Console (The most fun i ever had in gaming)
    6. Virtual Console Games in general (I have 4 of them and they all are great Sonic, Mario 64, Donkey Kong County & Gunstar Heroes).

I love my Wii and it is something different considering i have the original xbox with a huge library (all bought...none downloaded) and no HDTV. Nintendo is one company that i will never illegally obtain games for, they've made some of the best games of all time and kept me entertained for 17 years. I have to repay them somehow.

But yeah, 360 has the library at the moment but its all still MOSTLY same old, same old. I do like the look of Viva Pinata and Gears Of War tho, but its not enough for me to fork out $600AUS for. Especially seeing the Wii was $400AUS.

6. Games   -   #16
    maebach's Avatar Team FST Captain
    well, I bought the 360, It was about $450 CAD with taxzes. I tried looking for a Wii, but couldnt find one anywhere. The 360 is cool though, I stream music/pictures/movies from my PC. And Xbox live is great too. Maybe I'll regret it after, but right now its cool.

thanks for your help guys.

AFter reading Celerystalksme's post, Im somewhat want a Wii now :\

7. Games   -   #17
    Super Seed Me Please BT Rep: +5
    It depends on what kind of games you play... (basically game lineup). However, Xbox is a lot more powerful then wii (graphics wise).

8. Games   -   #18
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by maebach View Post
    well, I bought the 360, It was about $450 CAD with taxzes. I tried looking for a Wii, but couldnt find one anywhere. The 360 is cool though, I stream music/pictures/movies from my PC. And Xbox live is great too. Maybe I'll regret it after, but right now its cool.

Celery sounds like a fanboy though.

I mean he cited the Virtual Console as a reason to get a Wii.

They are just old emulated games that you've probably played on the PC.

While Zelda is great, the other games (so far) wear off unless you're in a party situation.

If you wanna check out another 360 game get Lost Planet: Extreme Condition. It comes out on the 12th in the States.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

9. Games   -   #19
    I've got both a Wii and a 360, and after the intial excitement of Twilight Princess died down (basically as soon as I finished it) it hasn't really been played since, except for some Cube titles I've always wanted to play.

My 360 on the other hand gets almost daily play, and seeing the lineup for the next few months, the poor Wii doesn't look like its going to get a whole lot of play for the time being.

P.S. Bring Trauma Center to Australia goddammit!!!

10. Games   -   #20
    Celerystalksme's Avatar This Is My Clone BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    Quote Originally Posted by Busyman View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by maebach View Post

Celery sounds like a fanboy though.

I mean he cited the Virtual Console as a reason to get a Wii.

They are just old emulated games that you've probably played on the PC.

While Zelda is great, the other games (so far) wear off unless you're in a party situation.

If you wanna check out another 360 game get Lost Planet: Extreme Condition. It comes out on the 12th in the States.
    How the f**k am i a fanboy?

I had an xbox before a gamecube last generation and before that generation i didnt own a console because i was a PC gamer. I am only stating my love for the console i own which is the reason i got one. Just because someone disagree's with you doesn't mean they are a fanboy ffs.

I was just playing Madden 07 then on the Wii and even though they are just above gamecube graphics (the whole gameplay over graphics situation will no doubt arise) its really fun and gives a lot more satisfaction when you make a big hit or throw a hail mary because you are actually making the motions.

The 360 and Wii are totally different machines, which is why so many people have both a 360 and a Wii (PS3 hasn't launched in Oz yet, so i cant really talk about it). I have nothing but praise for microsoft, especially in this generation because they took the gamble and so far it has payed off for them, not to mention the live service is second to none.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast