Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Superseeding

Poster BT Rep: +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40
    Ok, i got it.. so how's it done?

2. BitTorrent   -   #12
    zzz1992's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Thanks guys, i have been wanting to find this out for a while.

3. BitTorrent   -   #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Hanz™ View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by kavalchuk17 View Post
    Melvin i swear you know everything.

and hanz, when your the original uploader, you have no problems with maxing out your connection, so superseeding helps the bits spread faster.
    I mean that because you will upload quicker and more efficiently you will spend less time being the only person with 1 copy (which is when you gain the greatest ratio).
    For best results with this in the manner of which your speaking. Send till you see about 90% throughout the swarm. Then turn the option on.
    Then youll have a few people ussually almost complete and it unsures they are sending the remaining pieces out before they complete.

The whole point of using this option is so that you get more seeders. Since they will be having to send out the pieces they get more pieces should be getting sent. It also helps the swarm because it only sends the pieces to people as they share the pieces they get.
    Ex: Someone sending 3k wont be getting as many pieces as someone sending 600k. The person sending 600k would complete first and thus be sharing the pieces he got anyways. Where maxing someone normally cause they are only sending 3k isnt efficient since more than likely they are just leeching or its gonna take a LOOOONG ass time for them to share the pieces you sent back to them.
    (If that makes any sence.)

4. BitTorrent   -   #14
    j0hn's Avatar leet poster BT Rep: +1
    super-seeding/initial-seeding should ONLY be used if ur the only seed, or ur the 1 who uploaded the torrent. if used in other circumstances then it damages the swarm.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Super-seeding

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12