Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Is anyone else using Azureus with the white BT Hub?

Poster
    I found the NAT/ Firewall Test in Azureus and tested 65535 but got a NAT Error.

2. BitTorrent   -   #12
    Alien5's Avatar μετά BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    yeah i have 65264 in both port range fields

3. BitTorrent   -   #13
    Quote Originally Posted by 121 View Post
    I found the NAT/ Firewall Test in Azureus and tested 65535 but got a NAT Error.
    ok i would restart computer, it took me a while to get my firewall and hub to work with utorrent.

getting connectable - now you have use a get connectable guide, but keep the hub/azureus ports the same as you have them now.
    Last edited by Alien5; 01-09-2007 at 03:43 PM.

4. BitTorrent   -   #14
    Poster
    I put 65264 in Option / Connection / TCP and UDP port range fields but the test gave me a NAT error too. I must be doing something stupid here.

Edit, ok I'll try restarting. Thanks for your help.

5. BitTorrent   -   #15
    getting connectable - now you have use a get connectable guide, but keep the hub/azureus ports the same as you have them now.

Go to Start, then to Run, and then type in cmd. Now press OK

Step 2

A window like this should appear. At the prompt (where the cursor is flashing) type in ipconfig/all and then press return.

* Step3

The window will now look like this. Note down the Subnet Mask, Default Gateway, and the 2 DNS Servers. (The IP address is irrelevant as this is what we are trying to change)

* Step4

Go to Control Panel and then Network Connections. Right click on your Local Area Connection and go to Properties

* Step5

Now in the new box click on Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) and then click on Properties.
    A new box will pop up, now select Use the following IP address and Use the following DNS server addresses.
    Now the numbers you noted down earlier use in the relevant spaces. You should have noted down 4 numbers, and there are 5 lines that need filling.
    In the IP Address field enter a number similar to your Default Gateway number but change the number on the end. eg I have used the number 4 instead of the number 1

Now click OK and then OK again. You will lose connection from your network temporarily whilst the settings kick in, it should connect again in a few seconds. If it doesn't connect even after a couple of minutes, do not panic, just click on Obtain an IP address automatically and Obtain DNS server address automatically. You will be able to connect to your network again but it means you probably made a mistake in setting a static IP, perhaps start over again.

* Step6

You now need to forward the ports on your router. A very good guide for your specific router can be found here http://www.portforward.com/english/r...outerindex.htm, each router is different so using my router as an example would be of no help to you.
    It will then ask you to select your client too (eg Azureus, µTorrent etc..).
    However when it asks you to enter the Port for incoming connections may I suggest 65534 or a number close to that. (The reason for this is port blacklisting)

* Step7

Now you need to go to your client (in my case µTorrent) and go to the Options and then Preferences and ensure the listening port is the same as the one you used in Step6 with your router.

* Step8

You now need to configure your firewall.
    Last edited by Alien5; 01-09-2007 at 03:55 PM.

6. BitTorrent   -   #16
    Poster
    Exellent guide! That will help loads of noobs.

In CMD.EXE, I only have one DNS Server address followed by Lease Obtained and Lease Expired. Also Dhcp Enabled and Autoconfiguration reads Yes instead of No like in your CMD example pic.

Can I use one DNS Server address for step 5?
    Last edited by 121; 01-09-2007 at 04:07 PM.

7. BitTorrent   -   #17
    ermm but if i choose in step 5: choose ip address automaticly im connectable.

from here on im a newb with network/ip and all this stuff.

i know its connectable for me, but im using zonealarm firewall and utorrent so i dunno.

8. BitTorrent   -   #18
    Poster
    Hmmm, after I rest my PC, theres a red dot for the firewall and a grey dot reading DHT disabled. I'm assuming this is good because I use Torrentleech. Maybe I should try UTorrent...

9. BitTorrent   -   #19
    its worth a try - i gave up using azureus a long time ago.

10. BitTorrent   -   #20
    lysine's Avatar 49311 BT Rep: +1
    are you using a software firewall?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast