Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 815161718

Thread: CBB racism row

Barbarossa's Avatar mostly harmless
    If you had a dead arm like Jade's mum, would you want to keep it dangling around freakishly and getting in the way all the time, or would you want them to lop it off totally, and like wear a prosthetic one if you were going out in public or something

I'd probably go for the "lop it off" option. It must get irritating, having to stick it into sleeves, and force it into your pocket, etc.

Maybe if it were removed completely they could replace it with a bionic arm

2. Lounge   -   #172
    lynx's Avatar .
    I didn't know crazy_billy_bats had caused so much trouble.

I've not seen the old bugger for ages.
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

3. Lounge   -   #173
    thewizeard's Avatar re-member BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by manger View Post
    So is Belgium actually in Holland itself - or is it merely part of The Netherlands.

I always get confused.
    Although the Dutch like to give the Belgiums the idea of Self-governance, but truth be told, Belgium is still a part of the larger, much more significant Dutch Kingdom
    Self-governance is an abstract concept that refers to several scales of organisation . It may refer to personal conduct or family unit but more commonly refers to larger scale activities, i.e. proffessions, industry bodies, religions and politcal units, up to and including autonomous regions and aboriginal people (or others within nation states who enjoy some sovereign rights). It falls within the larger context of governace and principles such as consent of the governed,

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kingdom_of_the_Netherlands

The experiment in autonomy should IMO be closed and Belgium returned to it's Dutch fold.

PS> Note well that the starter of this very thread, Skweeky, turned her back on our southern most county, Belgium, and fled to Gretna Green, which is in some obscure land they call Scotland, wherever that may be.
    Last edited by thewizeard; 01-20-2007 at 07:32 AM.

4. Lounge   -   #174
    Skweeky's Avatar Manker's web totty
    I have no objection to Flanders being returned to the Netherlands.

I've been waiting for years for a wee coffee shop in my mum's street.

5. Lounge   -   #175
    Mr JP Fugley's Avatar Frog Shoulder BT Rep: +4
    "there is nothing misogynistic about anything, stop trippin.
    i type this way because im black and from nyc chill son "

6. Lounge   -   #176
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Quote Originally Posted by Skweeky View Post
    I have no objection to Flanders being returned to the Netherlands.
    I also have no objection. It would be fan-diddly-tastic.

===

The Sun have won new respect from me with their 'sensitive' handling of the Jade story. No longer will I only peruse its sport section.

Today on page four is a photo of Jade outside a house in dark glasses with the caption; 'Jade at her secret hideaway yesterday'.

Awesome.
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

7. Lounge   -   #177
    Barbarossa's Avatar mostly harmless
    She's suicidal, apparently

Luckily, boyfriend Jack is busily trying to get off with the ex-Miss Great Britain, who even more fortuitously is about to get dumped by 40-year-old Teddy Sheringham, because he is "embarrassed by her behaviour"

Yes, The Sun rawks

8. Lounge   -   #178
    Biggles's Avatar Looking for loopholes
    Quote Originally Posted by Barbarossa View Post
    She's suicidal, apparently

Luckily, boyfriend Jack is busily trying to get off with the ex-Miss Great Britain, who even more fortuitously is about to get dumped by 40-year-old Teddy Sheringham, because he is "embarrassed by her behaviour"

Yes, The Sun rawks
    The Sun > All when it comes to bullying tho.

She could top herself and The Soaraway Sun would do a long piece on "How did that happen then?"
    Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum

9. Lounge   -   #179
    Chip Monk's Avatar Darth Monk Like.
    Nah, The Star, that's your man for the headlines.

In a recent piece on Abu Hamza (sp) with regard to his legal aid bill and him having to repay some of the costs, they actually said that the Legal Aid Board would be clawing back some of the money and that he would have to stump up. It was worse than that but I can't remember the actual headline.
    You do not need to see my I.D.

Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 815161718