Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Baby Children Advice Thread

Gripper's Avatar Dexter's Apprentice.
    We had to get a thermometer for my sprog the other day,as she had tonsilitus and croup,this one works by resting it on the forehead press button and a little tune plays when temp is took,it is made by Beechams.
    http://www.lloydspharmacy.com/home-p...hermometer.htm

Brilliant gadget.

All spelling mistakes and grammatical errors in my post's are intentional.

2. The Drawing Room   -   #22
    Barbarossa's Avatar mostly harmless
    We've got this one on order:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Braun-4520-T.../dp/B0001D0LMS

It's what they use in hospitals and surgeries, apparentement.

3. The Drawing Room   -   #23
    The baby girl has been coughing her guts up for a week and a half, inducing vomiting, sleepless nights, snot everywhere, skin rashes on face, etc., and much unhappiness for us all.

The doctor says there's no infection there, so there's nothing he can prescribe. We've just got to let it run its course.

NHS, ftw.

4. The Drawing Room   -   #24
    100%'s Avatar ╚════╩═╬════╝
    Did you also experience that when your child was around 1.5yrs old, that when they get a cold that he/she has problems breathing, short breaths?

Mine gets it everytime, it's terrible. Doctor merely tells us to put him in a damp room / shower with lots of steam.

5. The Drawing Room   -   #25
    Steam definitely helps, also you can get something called "snufflebabe", which is like a junior version of Vick's Vaporub, which if you rub on their sleepsuits is supposed to help with breathing in the night, when they are blocked up.

=========

Anyway, she's getting better. Coughing has nearly stopped, we've just got an endlessly running nose to contend with at the moment.

6. The Drawing Room   -   #26
    100%'s Avatar ╚════╩═╬════╝
    Kid is now 3.5yrs old.
    In the morning now a days, when i need to bring him to the kindergarten it seems i have 2 choices.
    The method is different but the outcome is the same.
    1. Happy way - ask him politely to put on his clothes eat breakfast and go outside, the effect of this that it takes me about 2 hrs to get him going including playing with toys, uber consideration, a lot of energy on my behalf - on occasion this method comes out great but 68% of time will result in him not wanting (crying, screaming, taking off clothes etc) to dress up cause he knows it means going to school., once outside it is a different world new impulse all is forgotten.

Strict Way - Explain to him we have to go and force (struggle) the clothes on to him, this results in stronger resistance..........
    The outcome is the same, once outside.
    This method is more efficient time wise.

It hurts me either way, i know that once he is at the the destination he loves it, the resistance is hell.

Advice pls.

7. The Drawing Room   -   #27
    lynx's Avatar .
    Put the clothes on in the car?
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

8. The Drawing Room   -   #28
    pentomato's Avatar Above the sun
    Quote Originally Posted by 100% View Post
    ok you win, i had translation problem, over here it is called "vankrop" waterbody, - measles???
    I doubt the media need to be alerted.

I had hoped this thread would help those with children, instead of satisfy those with grammatical speculation.

I have heard that children with this problem should simply use oil and actually pop ever pimple.....
    Did you bring your child to the doctor? You could get more answeers with your doctor.
    Never mind, I didn't read the whole thing before.
    Last edited by pentomato; 01-22-2009 at 01:23 AM.

9. The Drawing Room   -   #29
    Kid is now 3.5yrs old.
    In the morning now a days, when i need to bring him to the kindergarten it seems i have 2 choices.
    1. Happy way - ask him politely to put on his clothes eat breakfast and go outside, the effect of this that it takes me about 2 hrs to get him going including playing with toys, uber consideration, a lot of energy on my behalf - on occasion this method comes out great but 68% of time will result in him not wanting (crying, screaming, taking off clothes etc) to dress up cause he knows it means going to school., once outside it is a different world new impulse all is forgotten.

Strict Way - Explain to him we have to go and force (struggle) the clothes on to him, this results in stronger resistance..........

It hurts me either way, i know that once he is at the the destination he loves it, the resistance is hell.

Advice pls.
    Going through exactly the same thing. They get stubborn at this age.

Have you tried giving chocolate bribes?

10. The Drawing Room   -   #30
    pentomato's Avatar Above the sun
    Quote Originally Posted by Barbarossa View Post
    Kid is now 3.5yrs old.

Advice pls.
    Going through exactly the same thing. They get stubborn at this age.

Have you tried giving chocolate bribes?
    At that age they are slow, come on people, kids at that age can't dress theirselves, what's wrong with you?
    You forgot that you were kids, of course it takes lots of energy, they are kids and you are the parents.
    You can't bribe kids, that's plain wrong, you do it now, you will have to do it forever and then you have to deal with fat kids, or kids that missbehave to get something in return.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast