Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Liv'pool help manutd

Proper Bo's Avatar spmado BT Rep: +2
    Quote Originally Posted by peat moss View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by MCHeshPants420 View Post

Be off with you and your mad 'merkin influenced sports, next you'll be wanting penalty shootouts for draws and the goals to be made bigger.

No not at all my lil mad friend , just like to see good teams play I guess ? I like the rules as they are too , decide a champion on team play not penalties or shoot out make it extra time ? You fellas call it golden boot we call it overtime goal ?
    golden boot is the award given to a player who scores the most in a tournament.

golden goal was the method of extra time used for like a week till they realised it was shit.

As long as I've got a face
    You've got a place to sit

2. Lounge   -   #12
    MCHeshPants420's Avatar Fake Shemp
    Not as shit as the Silver Goal mind...

3. Lounge   -   #13
    True.

P.S I like the way you implied newcastle to be 17 points clear in your last post

4. Lounge   -   #14
    peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    Thanks cheese for explaining , it does seem confusing to someone who loves the game but does n't understand the points system . My point was the same, you play a team and have a poor result and can't make it it up ?

So who's better number one or two ? Who's on first . Sounds like the Abbott and Costello joke .

5. Lounge   -   #15
    Thanks cheese for explaining , it does seem confusing to someone who loves the game but does n't understand the points system .
    Quote Originally Posted by manker View Post
    What's difficult about following a league table

6. Lounge   -   #16
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Manker I mean a play off , like you play a round robin play off , The three top teams play the three bottom teams and go from there . Would you not like to see ManU play Arsenal or Liverpool twice in a play off ? That would be sweet ! Of course Manker I'm basing it on a hockey type play off so just wondering how great it would be ?

I just remembered you guy's have a League play and Champions league as well ?
    Yeah, we already have the FA Cup, which is a kinda like a play off I suppose. The league is a much better indicator of the best team, as Chebus said.

There's the League Cup too in which bigger teams like Man Utd and Arsenal put out their reserves to give the smaller teams like Newcastle a chance to compete on a more equal footing.
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

7. Lounge   -   #17
    There's the League Cup too where bigger teams like Man Utd and Arsenal put out their reserves to give the smaller teams like Newcastle a chance to compete on a more equal footing.

8. Lounge   -   #18
    MCHeshPants420's Avatar Fake Shemp
    Quote Originally Posted by Proper Bo View Post
    There's the League Cup too where bigger teams like Man Utd and Arsenal put out their reserves to give the smaller teams like Newcastle a chance to compete on a more equal footing.
    True, at the moment we can't even compete against reserve teams, Championship teams or teams in the relegation zone.

9. Lounge   -   #19
    peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    Quote Originally Posted by Proper Bo View Post

I can see I can't win here . I just thought it odd that there was no play off .

But did learn a little bit so can't complain . Still a great game that my sons and I follow religiously , best soccer league I think ?

I'm actuality watching the high lites right now . Who's the goalie with the helmet ? Arsenal ?
    Last edited by peat moss; 01-20-2007 at 07:59 PM.

10. Lounge   -   #20
    manker's Avatar effendi
    There was a rumour that just before the Birmingham game in midweek, Glenn Roeder's head aids came back and infected some of the players
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast