Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Avril.........

BANNED
    yeah BTW i was being sarcastic

2. Music   -   #12
    Jibbler's Avatar proud member of MDS
    Originally posted by the_faceman@20 May 2003 - 23:11
    If you like her music though, that's totally cool, but you have to at least admit that her "style" is so forced it leaves bruises.
    Wow, there's a visual for you.
    Proud member of MDS

3. Music   -   #13
    UKMan's Avatar Poster
    I think the_faceman summed it up very well indeed, the whole music industry is the same. 90% of the artists (dont quote me on that figure, its just a figure of speach) are manipulated to make as much money in as short a time as possible - then on to the next artist when they grow up. When they do eventually run out of material, then they start making guest appearances with other established bands and soloists, so as to milk more cash from the kids.

money money money, its a rich mans world.....now where have i heard that ??

Peace
    UKMan (failed rock star)

4. Music   -   #14
    "bubble-gum pop punk" comes to mind...

god the world is ending...

...avril is the 5th sign

...stay tuned for 6 & 7

5. Music   -   #15
    Sorry, I should have been more specific.
    I wasn't talking about you adthomp, I was talking about the post.

6. Music   -   #16
    Jayhawk
    Originally posted by Jibbler@20 May 2003 - 19:55
    Every young popstar starts with a good girl image, but that never lasts long. Sex sells, and her anti-establishment image will only keep the records selling for a short while. She's gonna look good on the cover of Maxim in a year or so.
    i agree with this statement

7. Music   -   #17
    compared to blink 182 she is louder. maybe i shouldn't say louder, but closer to rock. songs like i'm with you and losing grip are the songs i'm talking about. complicated was the worse one in my opinion i think she's done. it's not loud at all. i think to me she stands out more than all the others from punk rock mainly because she's a girl. i do believe that some of her image is real though. most of it is fake. but the music is more important than the image.

8. Music   -   #18
    Old Blink -182- (incl Dude Ranch and albums before it) are punk rock. After Dude Ranch they sold out, but there still closer to rock than Avril.

9. Music   -   #19
    hmmm..
    wat the heck when she keeps claiming she aint no punk?

10. Music   -   #20
    I wouldnt care for avril lavigne if it wasnt for all those teeny boppers that switched from britney to her and they think thats rock and thats punk and bla bla bla... and they think they're bad because they carry a skateboard under the arm or play 3 power chords on a guitar.... its sad...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12