Page 2 of 99 FirstFirst 123451252 ... LastLast

Thread: BT Dedicated Server/Seedbox

BANNED BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    Quote Originally Posted by blacklisted View Post
    i hv a query......i intend on seeding a lot of torrents at the same time ......should i go for a celeron 2.0GHz or P4 2.8GHz as there is a price difference between them..... would i hv any probs with the celeron??
    when on a dedibox which is celeron and im seeding like 5+ torrent at maybe 3 mb/s + it really slows down, and i hope you dont plan to rar and upload , id say go with the P4 if you plan on doing 5+ torrents at a time or rarring.

Quote Originally Posted by Panther View Post
    I want as much data uploaded as possible over the peroid of 1, maby 2 months and pay not more that I have too... and one thing, what specs does the server itself have to have to handle hardcore seeding, wouldnt the cheapest one normally be enough?

edit: well blacklisted asked a similar question aboput how good it has too be... oh well, always a little late...
    hmm if you want to do ask much as you can obviously dedibox, but if they catch you with torrents they wont do refunds if you do upload/download combined 500-700GB a week they might not catch you. But if you wanna do like 1Tb + a week, they would have disabled you in the first week.
    Last edited by 007™; 01-29-2007 at 03:32 AM.

2. BitTorrent   -   #12
    aburyach's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    I don't have much experience in the seedbox area, but my friend found this site:
    http://www.leeware.com/product.html

AMD 64 Athlon 3400+ Equal Share, RAM 384MB, HDD 20GB, 100Mbps Unmetered
    Only $15.00 / month.

Too good to be true? Or am I missing something?

3. BitTorrent   -   #13
    Going with the above two questions - how many people could reasonably share a box to get good seeding ? Trying to work out a min. cost to get good ratios ...

4. BitTorrent   -   #14
    Quote Originally Posted by aburyach View Post
    I don't have much experience in the seedbox area, but my friend found this site:
    http://www.leeware.com/product.html

AMD 64 Athlon 3400+ Equal Share, RAM 384MB, HDD 20GB, 100Mbps Unmetered
    Only $15.00 / month.

Too good to be true? Or am I missing something?

Nice Find , im going to purchase one in a few days i will let you know how it goes.

Quote Originally Posted by ripas View Post
    Going with the above two questions - how many people could reasonably share a box to get good seeding ? Trying to work out a min. cost to get good ratios ...
    I suggest 2GB Ram , try to keep to 2 ppl, after that it gets very slow, depending on which server you choose.

5. BitTorrent   -   #15
    Panther's Avatar lost BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    I want as much data uploaded as possible over the peroid of 1, maby 2 months and pay not more that I have too... and one thing, what specs does the server itself have to have to handle hardcore seeding, wouldnt the cheapest one normally be enough?

edit: well blacklisted asked a similar question aboput how good it has too be... oh well, always a little late...
    hmm if you want to do ask much as you can obviously dedibox, but if they catch you with torrents they wont do refunds if you do upload/download combined 500-700GB a week they might not catch you. But if you wanna do like 1Tb + a week, they would have disabled you in the first week.[/QUOTE]

ok, so maby I am better off paying a little more for a better one metered at 2 or 3 TB? will they see I am torrenting and disable me if I upload to the max allowed?

6. BitTorrent   -   #16
    aburyach's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    Nice Find , im going to purchase one in a few days i will let you know how it goes.
    Thanks I saw it among the usual dediboxes in the peer list from a ScT torrent, so I thought it was for real (hopefully)

7. BitTorrent   -   #17

Arrow

hmm if you want to do ask much as you can obviously dedibox, but if they catch you with torrents they wont do refunds if you do upload/download combined 500-700GB a week they might not catch you. But if you wanna do like 1Tb + a week, they would have disabled you in the first week.
    ok, so maby I am better off paying a little more for a better one metered at 2 or 3 TB? will they see I am torrenting and disable me if I upload to the max allowed?[/QUOTE]

Yes go with something other than Dediboxes, i suggest Leaseweb, Vector.info or Shinjiru if you dont want to spend too much.

Quote Originally Posted by aburyach View Post
    Thanks I saw it among the usual dediboxes in the peer list from a ScT torrent, so I thought it was for real (hopefully)

Yeah i hope it is as good as advertised.

8. BitTorrent   -   #18
    Chi Pheo's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    Very usefull information, I gonna get one of those very soon.

" Knowing nothing is the true knowledge. "

9. BitTorrent   -   #19
    Panther's Avatar lost BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    does it normally cost something too start?

10. BitTorrent   -   #20
    ElGatoo's Avatar ^^ BT Rep: +21BT Rep +21BT Rep +21BT Rep +21BT Rep +21
    i recommend Leaseweb. High speeds

Page 2 of 99 FirstFirst 123451252 ... LastLast