Thread: Im about to hurl this mp3 player out the window......part 2.

im sure this thread doesnt go here but oh well.

I have an rca m5002 player and im having alot of problems with it,
    my biggest problem is that i can no longer sync music to it anymore
    Ive tried 3 pcs running windows xp with windows media player 10,
    and every time i get C00D11CD: Unknown error
    Windows Media Player encountered an unknown error. This can occur when another program or operating system component encounters a problem but does not communicate the nature of the problem to Windows Media Player.

Error ID = 0xC00D11CD, Condition ID = 0x00000000

Microsoft was no help.
    They said that since that can occur for a wide variety of reasons there was no general solution.

I tried using realplayer, and it said the player wont support the file type although i had them all converted to wma before syncing them.

I tried using bearshare,
    And i get the same thing as realplayer.
    I tried dragging and dropping and it says "the file --------- could not be copied because it does not exist or it is being used by anoter program.

The only songs i can sync to the player are the songs that are already on the player.
    I emailed rca and they still havent gotten back to me although when i try to select my product on the sit for support the m5002 or the m5001 is not listed on the site for support.

WTF do i do?
    I did not do anything to cause this that i know of and i cant sleep until this is resolved.
    ive posted this on several other forums and all the responses i got told me i was sol and to use it as a paperweight ((although its way too light))

Someone help me!!!!!
    Tanner.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    lynx's Avatar .
    Here's a list of possible causes:
    http://www.updatexp.com/c00d11cd-error.html

I should think that anywhere that it mentions burning to cd would also apply to copying to an mp3 player.
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Tried some stuff there,
    still no luck.

Could it be the fault of the mp3 player because i can sync the same songs to a different mp3 player with all media players without any problems

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Virtualbody1234's Avatar Forum Star BT Rep: +2
    I really don't know that model mp3 player but you keep mentioning "sync" and Windows Media Player and Realplayer and even BearShare.

What exactly are you trying to do with all that?

Can't you just drag and drop the actual mp3 files to the device?

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Tanner31593 View Post
    I tried dragging and dropping and it says "the file --------- could not be copied because it does not exist or it is being used by anoter program.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    if it was me i would reformat and clean all the shit off the mp3 player and try to drop and drag mp3 files only onto it. it worked on a few players that wouldnt accept files for me.