Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What ISP do you use? (UK)

ttgd's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16
    Quote Originally Posted by Aaron_T View Post
    ISP: Tiscali

Terrible ISP, warning to all: do not go with tiscali you will regret it.
    I agree

worst isp ever?

2. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #12
    lynx's Avatar .
    F2S, can't really fault them, no problems with packet shaping.

ISP f2s
    Speed 4 (consistently around 800KB/s)
    Price 23.99 for 50GB. 1 MONTH CONTRACT.
    Reliability 5
    Cust Service ? I've only has to contact them once, took about 2 minutes from picking up the phone.

I suspect the contracts that have packet shaping are the older ones that had unlimited bandwidth. Some got upgraded to 8Meg before they changed the contracts. If that's the case I'm glad I changed my contract.

Before being bought by Pipex they were promising 24Meg lines, but that idea seems to have been dropped now. Consequently as soon as Bethere get round to converting my exchange I'll be switching to them.

However, I've been looking at various ISPs on http://www.thinkbroadband.com/isps.html and if you are a light(3GB) or medium(12GB) user then Newnet seem to have good packages.

Always look for short term contracts (1 or 3 months if possible, certainly no more than 6 months) but watch out for early cancellation charges.
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

3. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #13
    The Hitcher's Avatar I'm a cockney flower
    ISP: blueyonder/virgin media
    speed:5/5: 10mb
    price:4/5: £45 - includes phone line and cable tv
    cus serv:3/5: some slight issues (like not refunding my money) but they are pretty good.
    reliability:5/5: gone down 3 times in 4 years, cant grumble at that.

Overall i would give my isp 4/5 as stated no real issues over the 4 years i have been with them. I use usenet for my downloads and i always get full speed. I was paying £46 per month without cable access then one day BY called me and said they will save me £1 a month if i take the cable service. So i did.

I have worked for an adsl ISP in the past and i got to see how shit adsl CAN be, especially as its all going through BTs network. so i decided to stay away from adsl and stick with cable, one of the best decisions i have ever made.

4. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #14
    ISP: AOL
    speed:3/5: 2mb
    price:1/5: £25
    cus serv:5/5: AOL cust. service is great.
    reliability:5/5: never had a single problem

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12