Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Giganews vs Usenetserver

Poster BT Rep: +11BT Rep +11BT Rep +11
    I would go with UNS and save extra $10 per month for somthing else.

2. Newsgroups   -   #22
    asfdlq3i45poi's Avatar Master
    Quote Originally Posted by router2004 View Post
    I would go with UNS and save extra $10 per month for somthing else.
    It's an extra $15/month with SSL, which UNS throws in for free. And wait till UNS completes phase 3 of its expansion -- then the winner will become obvious.

3. Newsgroups   -   #23
    Quote Originally Posted by maupassant View Post
    Hey Stephen, how about a comment on my initial post (110 000 newsgroups with Giganews compared to 68 000 newsgroups with Usenetserver) ? Is 68 000 still fairly accurate ? If so, do you plan to catch up ?

The difference is empty groups. If there is a group you want to see that we don't have we will be happy to add it. There are only about 30k groups that are actually used, the rest are junk...

-Stephen

4. Newsgroups   -   #24
    kayvanblue's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +11BT Rep +11BT Rep +11
    i am useing Usenetserver and i should say it is awsome because it is awsome

5. Newsgroups   -   #25
    Quote Originally Posted by stephen-UNS View Post
    Hey Stephen, how about a comment on my initial post (110 000 newsgroups with Giganews compared to 68 000 newsgroups with Usenetserver) ? Is 68 000 still fairly accurate ? If so, do you plan to catch up ?

The difference is empty groups. If there is a group you want to see that we don't have we will be happy to add it. There are only about 30k groups that are actually used, the rest are junk...

-Stephen
    Hey Stephen, On UsernetServer's status page ( http://www.usenetserver.com/networkstatus.html ) the group alt.binaries.dvd only has 17 days retention. Do you know why is that? Is it a bug or something? And does it affect other groups?

6. Newsgroups   -   #26
    Quote Originally Posted by stephen-UNS View Post

-Stephen
    Thanks for the reply. I may switch to usenetserver before the end of the month, unless Giganews responds by cutting down on their price. Which I suspect they won't. They'll just increase the retention again (once Usenetserver has 101 days).

7. Newsgroups   -   #27
    Hey Stephen, On UsernetServer's status page ( http://www.usenetserver.com/networkstatus.html ) the group alt.binaries.dvd only has 17 days retention. Do you know why is that? Is it a bug or something? And does it affect other groups?
    Check out this thread in the Slyck.com forums:

http://www.slyck.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=30993

-Stephen

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123