Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Pledge For More Hd Content Trackers

i.dragonfly's Avatar -======//OvO BT Rep: +11BT Rep +11BT Rep +11
    Quote Originally Posted by Hedonist7 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ne'tu View Post
    We have a great HD tracker now, almost all good releases are there.

Why do you need more?
    When are they reopening by the way? I'm not sure I'd trust using them though.
    Who is "they"? And why the distrust?

2. BitTorrent   -   #12
    DISABLED PRIVS BT Rep: +8BT Rep +8
    One of the hdbits admins was apparently using users' logins at hdbits to login to some of their other sites.

3. BitTorrent   -   #13
    Ne'tu's Avatar Member BT Rep: +12BT Rep +12BT Rep +12
    Neah, that was not about using passwords...

In response to the random claim that we know all your passwords and can/will use them on bitmetv if you have the same password there, I would like to point out that the only trace of your password stored in the database is your passhash.
    This is a 128bit md5 hash of your password and a 20 character long random string.
    For those of you who that makes no sense to, it means all that is stored is something like 1055d3e698d289f2af8663725127bd4b....which cannot be reversed back into your password.

4. BitTorrent   -   #14
    i.dragonfly's Avatar -======//OvO BT Rep: +11BT Rep +11BT Rep +11
    Thanks for the update on hdbits, Ne'tu.

I'm also seeking an account there, and am also interested when they're opening back up to invites. Anyone know?

5. BitTorrent   -   #15
    Ne'tu's Avatar Member BT Rep: +12BT Rep +12BT Rep +12
    Max users 10000
    Registered users 11,720

They'll enable invites after they reach 10000 users probably.

6. BitTorrent   -   #16

In response to the random claim that we know all your passwords and can/will use them on bitmetv if you have the same password there, I would like to point out that the only trace of your password stored in the database is your passhash.
    This is a 128bit md5 hash of your password and a 20 character long random string.
    For those of you who that makes no sense to, it means all that is stored is something like 1055d3e698d289f2af8663725127bd4b....which cannot be reversed back into your password.
    I dunno, something happened. Admins of trackers don't just disappear without good reason, and ftn posted a general warning to their users not to use the same username and password everywhere soon after bitmetv named hdbits specifically. It's too much of a coincidence for me.

7. BitTorrent   -   #17

They are encrypted with what we call a grain of salt type encryption.
    Meaning that the passhash is differant on every site. So if you took the passhash from site1 and tried using the same passhash on site2 they shouldnt work.
    However when you have the passhash set to not encrypt passwords like a certain site I suspect was doing ::cough cough:: then it technically isnt encrypted.
    Ex:
    Non-Encrypted Method: Password typed is BOB, password is stored in the database as BOB.
    Encrypted method: Password typed is BOB, Password is stored in the database as a 32 char string. ahfin191ne9engf9u
    (Method every other site cause we dont need/care to know your passwords)

Using the non-encrypted method which most of us suspect that other clown was storing them as. If he sees you use the password BOB on his site for x username. He then could try logging in the same exact way you do via typing BOB as the password on site 2.

8. BitTorrent   -   #18
    Max users 10000
    Registered users 11,720

They give a reason? Odd to slim down on an hd tracker, all those massive files could use a lot of peers. Did they have server problems?

9. BitTorrent   -   #19
    We have a great HD tracker now, almost all good releases are there.

Why do you need more?
    yes we certainly have a great tracker but as you said in one of your later post .
    allowed menbers is only 10 000 plus some internal problems.
    whqt about people who cant get in there. or at x264 only invite or BHDTV only 15000 menbers allowzed. and you ask why we need more tracker.....

how many trackers is there for divx/xvid movies or games and apps...
    hundreds.
    restrecting the amount of HD tracker will only bring what we see now elitisme. the you are not worthy to share with me behaviour.little griddy persons holding on to their packet of bits qs if they were golden nuggets....
    i dont really mean that but it sounds good to me0 .
    anyway Ne'tu i am glad to find persons like you to discuss this matter with. i bielieve that the HD format is right now democratizing itself and thqt it qill replace in the next 2/3 years the good old dvd and it 1.4 gig compressed encodes.

Quote Originally Posted by Hedonist7 View Post
    Max users 10000
    Registered users 11,720

They give a reason? Odd to slim down on an hd tracker, all those massive files could use a lot of peers. Did they have server problems?

As the leading tracker for HD content and the recent shamble about the HD DVD and BLURAY discs protection system beeing next to useless. THANK YOU
    you probably dont want to bting to much attention on yourself especially if you start to have a large amount of HDDVD/BLURAY ripped available on your tracker.hense the reduction of menbers and harsh invite system.
    i dont disagree with this precaution but let spread the risks and open more hd tracker there are a shitload of people xanting those files
    Last edited by livil; 02-28-2007 at 08:34 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

10. BitTorrent   -   #20

Just wanted to point out as well about the "1055d3e698d289f2af8663725127bd4b" comment about not being able to revert back to your password. That statement is in fact false. If the person knows what they are doing even with the password being encrypted they could still convert it back to the original form password. Just figured I would mention that to deem their statement FALSE.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast