Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: New Poll: How Much Upload Bandwidth Do U Allow Ppl

Double Agent
    Originally posted by Switeck+31 May 2003 - 02:35--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Switeck @ 31 May 2003 - 02:35)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by -james_bond_rulez@30 May 2003 - 14:19
    Originally posted by -Switeck@30 May 2003 - 08:06
    <!--QuoteBegin--Nimdock
    @30 May 2003 - 00:26
    Doesn&#39;t sound right... it&#39;s not my fault that my downloads go so fast
    Yes, I may cut you off too because that&#39;s not fair to everyone else either.

Dude, u can&#39;t really "cut off" because if the receiver has speed up or kazaasearch loaded it will keep dl&#39;ding off of u, unless u have absolutely no life and sit in front of your computer all day and clicking "cancel upload". Or even more pathetic.....check the "Disable sharing of file with other users" options.

and to some other dude that pointed out that my 6GB download 1GB upload sucks....well my isp dont really enforce it, if my upload go beyond 1GB they just phone u and bitch about it but so far i haven&#39;t heard them bitchin...
    I was the &#39;some other dude&#39; too. Good thing your ISP isn&#39;t enforcing it -- if they did, they wouldn&#39;t be a 24/7 broadband service because even 128k &#39;broadband-lite&#39; can download and upload 1 GB a day.

When I cancel an upload, I clear the finished/failed list. The cancelled upload usually restarts, but sometimes doesn&#39;t if others are waiting in line. If it restarts, I lower max uploads by 1 which auto-kills the last upload to start and also usually forces them to the bottom of the queue. Sometimes they lose connection completely.

If that doesn&#39;t work, an ip ban is typically good for awhile. By the time they change ips, they (or I) have changed supernodes -- making me very difficult to find again due to me being behind a router. I remove the ip ban about 1 hour to 1 day later to prevent single ip blocks from piling up and possibly blocking a legitimate user.

Since I often go hours without checking my uploads (it&#39;s running on another computer), leeches can still get a large chunk of my upload bandwidth. [/b][/quote]
    IP ban? how&#39;d u do that?

Do u use TCPview then block them out with your firewall?

2. File Sharing   -   #32
    Poster
    Originally posted by james_bond_rulez+31 May 2003 - 12:10--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (james_bond_rulez @ 31 May 2003 - 12:10)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--Switeck@31 May 2003 - 02:35
    If that doesn&#39;t work, an ip ban is typically good for awhile. By the time they change ips, they (or I) have changed supernodes -- making me very difficult to find again due to me being behind a router. I remove the ip ban about 1 hour to 1 day later to prevent single ip blocks from piling up and possibly blocking a legitimate user.
    IP ban? how&#39;d u do that?

Do u use TCPview then block them out with your firewall?[/b][/quote]
    Yes, exactly what you said.

Peer Guardian lets you block by ip -- that&#39;s the &#39;firewall&#39; I&#39;m using.

3. File Sharing   -   #33
    Poster
    3.4 Mbs download and 520 Kb upload and its unlimited

4. File Sharing   -   #34
    Poster
    Originally posted by Pitbul@31 May 2003 - 23:58
    3.4 Mbs download and 520 Kb upload and its unlimited
    How many uploads at once do you allow? (IE: Max uploads)

5. File Sharing   -   #35
    Mine is 256k and I hate it, they do this so it hard to share file. well it working pretty good, cause everything i do is so freaking slow that, someday I just sat their star ing at my monitor and looking like a dumb punk... Oh the pain, please relief me of it.

Thanks.

6. File Sharing   -   #36
    Movieman420's Avatar Overclocked Encoder
    I&#39;m on Roadrunner cable...
    Fastest d/l about 275kbs...(D/ling an App. from a website.)
    I keep u/l bw at unlimited but my isp must limit it...
    I keep 3 u/l slots open...about 60kbs when added together at any given time.

I&#39;ve tried the &#39;Optimize u/l bw when idle&#39; option on klite, but it overides my
    u/l slot setting... It allows so many slots that the average u/l speed sux.

Wish I could dedicate ALL unused bw to u/ling when I don&#39;t need it for d/ling&#33;

I&#39;d be nice if the next build of kilte would have a &#39;Nuke the Leach&#39; button that would
    take care of the greedy bastards with less effort (clicking)...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234