Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Debates from Sharedaddys pinned movie

Retired
    this is a nice TOPIC!!

2. Movies & TV   -   #62
    Skillian's Avatar T H F C f a n BT Rep: +1
    TIDBITS
    In the first scene of the film, Rand Peltzer (Hoyt Axton) walks in front of a broken down American Motors Company "Gremlin", parked in front of the China town shop.

The Kingston Falls theatre marquee is showing a double bill, A BOY'S LIFE (working title for producer Steven Spielberg's E.T. THE EXTRATERRESTRIAL) and WATCH THE SKIES (working title for Spielberg's CLOSE ENCOUNTER'S OF THE THIRD KIND.)

An evil Gremlin says "phone home" when he disconnects the Peltzer's phone line, this is a reference to the famous line from Spielberg's E.T. THE EXTRATERRESTRIAL.

Cameo appearance by Steven Spielberg as the man, at the inventor's convention, in the electric wheelchair with a t.v. monitor.

Cameo appearance by composer Jerry Goldsmith at the inventor's convention.

Cameo appearance by Buggs Bunny cartoonist Chuck Jones, he is the man who looks at Billy's cartoon in the bar. There is a Warner Bros. cartoon playing on the television.
    That's some great info SD! B)

3. Movies & TV   -   #63
    ShareDaddy's Avatar OLD ShareDaddy
    Originally posted by Skillian@7 May 2003 - 06:29
    TIDBITS
    In the first scene of the film, Rand Peltzer (Hoyt Axton) walks in front of a broken down American Motors Company "Gremlin", parked in front of the China town shop.

The Kingston Falls theatre marquee is showing a double bill, A BOY'S LIFE (working title for producer Steven Spielberg's E.T. THE EXTRATERRESTRIAL) and WATCH THE SKIES (working title for Spielberg's CLOSE ENCOUNTER'S OF THE THIRD KIND.)

An evil Gremlin says "phone home" when he disconnects the Peltzer's phone line, this is a reference to the famous line from Spielberg's E.T. THE EXTRATERRESTRIAL.

Cameo appearance by Steven Spielberg as the man, at the inventor's convention, in the electric wheelchair with a t.v. monitor.

Cameo appearance by composer Jerry Goldsmith at the inventor's convention.

Cameo appearance by Buggs Bunny cartoonist Chuck Jones, he is the man who looks at Billy's cartoon in the bar. There is a Warner Bros. cartoon playing on the television.
    That's some great info SD! B)
    Thanks Skillian, just trying to do my part. I like tidbits such as that, I wish I could find some for all of the movies I post.

4. Movies & TV   -   #64
    CornerPocket's Avatar Retired
    Originally posted by littlemanstan@16 May 2003 - 10:08
    damn sharedaddy u post some totally lame ass movies! blues clues?!! scooby doo?!?! post some GOOD movies! more along the lines of reservoir dogs and american history x that you posted!

What a way to start off!

littlemanstan,
    What do you have to offer?
    "8-ball Corner Pocket"

5. Movies & TV   -   #65
    ShareDaddy's Avatar OLD ShareDaddy
    Originally posted by CornerPocket+16 May 2003 - 10:41--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (CornerPocket @ 16 May 2003 - 10:41)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--littlemanstan@16 May 2003 - 10:08
    damn sharedaddy u post some totally lame ass movies&#33; blues clues?&#33;&#33; scooby doo?&#33;?&#33; post some GOOD movies&#33; more along the lines of reservoir dogs and american history x that you posted&#33;

What a way to start off&#33;

littlemanstan,
    What do you have to offer? [/b][/quote]
    Who the HELL does this guy think he is?

Anyone with a family would dispute his opinion in a heartbeat.

The following would be directed solely at the little twit (and he knows who he is)
    Please stay the hell out of my string and for sure never let me see you in my upload window, you will regret that little remark newbie. I post movies of worth to me that have not been posted elsewhere, do you &#33;@&#036;&#33;#&#036;&#33; understand?

I will be asking a MOD to remove your post from my string as well as cornerpockets and my subsequent quote to facilitate my being able to forget you just pulled that childish and totally moronic little show.

Move along.

6. Movies & TV   -   #66
    Poster
    I fully appreciate the position you are taking SD and entirely agree with your sentiment.

However since when was the idea of private strings introduced. As I understand it once you start the string then it becomes fair game. Spam may be removed, however his post, even though it was stupid, was not spam.

I am quite willing to accept that you may have special status here, i.e. the phrase "my string" may mean something. However for the rest of us it does not.

None of this should detract from the fact that SD is totally correct and is one of the greatest posters I have ever seen. Further that littlemanstan is a worthless, useless, impertinent n00b and he should perhaps earn some credibility before making comment on others. Particularly members of such standing within the community.

7. Movies & TV   -   #67
    This may not be the right thread, but I&#39;ve had eight of your files (4 movies) waiting to download for a couple weeks, and they&#39;ve all been on "More Sources Needed" the whole time. Is there anything I can do about it, or do I have to just keep waiting? Thanks for any help.

8. Movies & TV   -   #68
    Poster
    I hope SD doesn&#39;t mind me jumping in here.

These are movies he rips, so in the begining he is the only source, until they spread about. This is not like movies you download and then share a sig for, where there are already many sources. Remember the movies have to start somewhere.

Only two solutions I know of. Get on the same supernode or patience.

9. Movies & TV   -   #69
    These are movies he rips, so in the begining he is the only source, until they spread about. This is not like movies you download and then share a sig for, where there are already many sources. Remember the movies have to start somewhere.
    I realize this, but the movies I tried were posted pretty far back, so I just assumed they&#39;d have more sources available.&nbsp;.&nbsp;.

Only two solutions I know of. Get on the same supernode or patience.
    I think I like the former idea better. How can I get on the same SuperNode (sorry, I&#39;m a newbie, bear with me)?

10. Movies & TV   -   #70
    Originally posted by ShareDaddy+16 May 2003 - 21:10--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (ShareDaddy @ 16 May 2003 - 21:10)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by -CornerPocket@16 May 2003 - 10:41
    <!--QuoteBegin--littlemanstan
    @16 May 2003 - 10:08
    damn sharedaddy u post some totally lame ass movies&#33; blues clues?&#33;&#33; scooby doo?&#33;?&#33; post some GOOD movies&#33; more along the lines of reservoir dogs and american history x that you posted&#33;

What a way to start off&#33;

littlemanstan,
    What do you have to offer?
    Who the HELL does this guy think he is?

Anyone with a family would dispute his opinion in a heartbeat.

The following would be directed solely at the little twit (and he knows who he is)
    Please stay the hell out of my string and for sure never let me see you in my upload window, you will regret that little remark newbie. I post movies of worth to me that have not been posted elsewhere, do you &#33;@&#036;&#33;#&#036;&#33; understand?

I will be asking a MOD to remove your post from my string as well as cornerpockets and my subsequent quote to facilitate my being able to forget you just pulled that childish and totally moronic little show.

Move along. [/b][/quote]
    AHAHAHAHA&#33;&#33;&#33; dude you need to chill the fuck out&#33; dont flip out just cuz i said your movies are lame&#33; "totally moronic little show"? come on&#33; I SAID YOUR MOVIES ARE LAME&#33; BIG WHOOP&#33; it may be a big shock to you that i&#39;m not kissing your ass and saying how great you are like every other post in this thread, but u need to check your ego Mr. family man. with that kind of reaction, i wonder how you treat your children when they give you lip

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast