Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Hey boys...

Alien5's Avatar μετά BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    Quote Originally Posted by CrabGirl View Post
    Can you bunch of insipid wank-spanners stop pissing around trying to break the lounge. It's boring and makes you all look like a bunch of whinging, over-competitive four year olds.
    what does insipid mean again?

2. Lounge   -   #12
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Les
    The thread in question is an exercise in silliness imho.
    Indeed it is.

Also, from what I remember reading, I don't think Marie Antoinette either coined the phrase or said anything approximating it - I think it may have been attributed to her because it sounds better if it appears to have come from some posh famous burd
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

3. Lounge   -   #13
    Cheese's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Alien5 View Post
    this is the lounge , where better to have the thread?

you know its not against any rules to spam in the lounge

why would you want t have it stopped?

if you have a good reason then say so if you can

if not any spam i choose to post will be posted regardless.

ive already pissed off cheese's girlfriend slightly i think.

barbarossa is the only one who tried to get me to stop spamming the lounge with the word "dingleberry"

what are you reasons to stop the dingleberry thread then?
    If it were pinned (thus effectively out of view to regulars accept to those who wish to "play") and came with a rule that you can't make consectutive posts (er...turn auto-merge on) then fine then its an inoffensive game.

At the moment it's just useless spam, and excessive spam is banned (much like your dingleberry thread making). Even if the Lounge is an off-topic section you have to draw the line somewhere else we'll just end up with a load of crap everywhere. I find it a touch ironic that the main "player" of this game is a mod whose job it is to stop people spamming for invites, this same person has consistently criticized other members in other sections for double-posting and criticized people in this section for playing silly games.
    Last edited by Cheese; 03-06-2007 at 02:38 PM.

4. Lounge   -   #14
    Biggles's Avatar Looking for loopholes
    Quote Originally Posted by manker View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Les
    The thread in question is an exercise in silliness imho.
    Indeed it is.

Also, from what I remember reading, I don't think Marie Antoinette either coined the phrase or said anything approximating it - I think it may have been attributed to her because it sounds better if it appears to have come from some posh famous burd
    I think it may not actually have been said at all. It sounds more like the sort of thing someone would have liked her to say to make the head chopping more interesting. However, I believe it was brioche which was reputed to have been recommended as an alternative to du pain.
    Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum

5. Lounge   -   #15
    Alien5's Avatar μετά BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheese View Post

barbarossa is the only one who tried to get me to stop spamming the lounge with the word "dingleberry"

If it were pinned (thus effectively out of view to regulars accept to those who wish to "play") and came with a rule that you can't make consectutive posts (er...turn auto-merge on) then fine then its an inoffensive game.

At the moment it's just useless spam, and excessive spam is banned (much like your dingleberry thread making). Even if the Lounge is an off-topic section you have to draw the line somewhere else we'll just end up with a load of crap everywhere. I find it a touch ironic that the main "player" of this game is a mod whose job it is to stop people spamming for invites, this same person has consistently criticized other members in other sections for double-posting and criticized people in this section for playing silly games.
    why dont you make a complaint then? or post this excellent point somewhere that it can bee seen by sensible users not just the lounge scum?

6. Lounge   -   #16
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggles View Post
    Indeed it is.

I think it may not actually have been said at all.
    You might be pushing it a bit now.

I myself have said it a number of times. Including just now when I read it aloud to make absolutely certain that you were barking up the wrong tree.
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

7. Lounge   -   #17
    Biggles's Avatar Looking for loopholes

I think it may not actually have been said at all.

I myself have said it a number of times. Including just now when I read it aloud to make absolutely certain that you were barking up the wrong tree.
    I conceed that it may indeed have become a Richard Dawkins type meme for uber insensitivity ..... and is said often

I just doubt that Marie would claim credit - although after they chopped her head off she might reasonably be considered to be a tad peeved and may (if it were only possibly) say something harsher.

Edit: now this is the sort of pointless pish that the Lounge excels at
    Last edited by Biggles; 03-06-2007 at 03:01 PM.
    Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum

8. Lounge   -   #18
    CrabGirl's Avatar Sexpest

I'm not objecting to the numbers threads. They're pointless but if people want to pass their time doing that, then hey, get on.

I object to large numbers of pointless threads in any part of the forum, and oversize or many pointless posts in other threads, no matter who the perpertrators are. You are one of the people that pissed me off, not because I'm cheese's girlfriend, but because your oversize posts and stupid one post threads spoil my enjoyment of the lounge, and because you posted them with the purpose of spoiling the consumer experience for other members. Funnily enough I can think for myself and I don't give a damn about what cheese, you or anyone else thinks.
    This pump dispenses gasoline, a fossil fuel. People who believe fossils are not real should put something else in their tanks.

9. Lounge   -   #19
    manker's Avatar effendi

I conceed that it may indeed have become a Richard Dawkins type meme for uber insensitivity ..... and is said often

I just doubt that Marie would claim credit - although after they chopped her head off she might reasonably be considered to be a tad peeved and may (if it were only possibly) say something harsher.

Edit: now this is the sort of pointless pish that the Lounge excels at
    Yup, yup. I totally agree and - as I indicated - think it was only attributed to her to engender the 'lol, daft posh bint' response.

10. Lounge   -   #20
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Quote Originally Posted by CrabGirl
    Funnily enough I can think for myself and I don't give a damn about what cheese, you or anyone else thinks.
    I care what Chebus thinks

In fact, upon my entry to the forum, I tried to base my whole forum persona on his very successful one.

Didn't work out tho 'cos he thought I was Billy Dean until I started being meself

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast