Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Not for the conservative Christian..

Quote Originally Posted by Biggles View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jimbo12345 View Post

Depends. If you read the post as offering a few diffrent angles on a tired subject from a person interested in other opinions of his own, then it didn't.
    Fair enough - must have been me.

I'm not of the Christian persuasion so I was trying to put myself into that frame of mind and thought it perhaps a trifle edgy to go from "no offence" to dodgy "curtain rails". However, as I said, it is probably just me

It is. I forgive. Howevr, i still havent heard your thoughts on the use of Him/He etc,,,,care to share?

2. The Drawing Room   -   #22
    Biggles's Avatar Looking for loopholes
    Can't see Christians dropping "he" anytime soon. The cost of removing the beards from stained glassed windows would in itself be prohibitive.

Hindu's already have female and male dieties, as do Pagans. Buddhists I am not sure about - but I doubt it is a major issue for them and Muslims would, I'm guessing, be in the "don't go there" territory although I think the Sufis have a concept of the feminine Divine.
    Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum

3. The Drawing Room   -   #23
    bigboab's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggles View Post
    Can't see Christians dropping "he" anytime soon. The cost of removing the beards from stained glassed windows would in itself be prohibitive.

Hindu's already have female and male dieties, as do Pagans. Buddhists I am not sure about - but I doubt it is a major issue for them and Muslims would, I'm guessing, be in the "don't go there" territory although I think the Sufis have a concept of the feminine Divine.
    It would not be required in a place not far from your abode.
    The best way to keep a secret:- Tell everyone not to tell anyone.

4. The Drawing Room   -   #24
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Quote Originally Posted by bigboab View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by j2k4 View Post

Well stated.

Some people must denigrate others in order that they may "coexist".

Oddly enough those who are not at all religious (those on this board, at least), seem to be the ones disposed to do this, instead of the other way around.

Curious, eh?
    Sorry I dont know what you are implying here. Are you classing all non religious members in the same category as the one you are dispute with? There are probably more decent non religious members than there are decent religious members on this board.
    No, not at all, Boab.

I am referring to the fact (and I'm sure you will agree) that there are more non-believing than believing members who wish to pick fights over religion.

Sorry for the lack of clarity.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

5. The Drawing Room   -   #25
    Mr JP Fugley's Avatar Frog Shoulder BT Rep: +4

I am referring to the fact (and I'm sure you will agree) that there are more non-believing than believing members who wish to pick fights over religion.
    There's not that many.
    Last edited by Mr JP Fugley; 03-19-2007 at 10:25 PM.
    "there is nothing misogynistic about anything, stop trippin.
    i type this way because im black and from nyc chill son "

6. The Drawing Room   -   #26
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr JP Fugley View Post

There are not that many.
    There are more of the former than the latter, no matter how many of either there are, was the point.

Fixed, BTW.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

7. The Drawing Room   -   #27
    GepperRankins's Avatar we want your oil!
    Like most atheists HardCaseOwnsYou is an atheist because the dedication to strict logical accuracy required to be agnostic is too great. Atheists claim knowledge of something unknowable in the same way christians and muslims claim knowledge of something unknowable. And similarly, like christians and muslims. Atheists cannot read between the lines of religious texts, and must take everything literally and not see its inherent esoteric nature. This proves they are in fact retards.

http://www.encyclopediadramatica.com...ardCaseOwnsYou

8. The Drawing Room   -   #28
    vidcc's Avatar there is no god
    Define "picking a fight" on a discussion forum.

By definition debate on any given topic would require opposing views. Sure religion and politics are hot topics that will more often than not bring "hotter posts" but why does it have to be defined as "picking a fight"

Are those of christian faith that post threads designed to be critical of islam picking a fight or are they just trying to convey their opinion.

Are the evangelicals that come to my house wishing to "convert me" picking a fight? (I bet if I was to knock on many of their doors and try to convince them god doesn't exist I would not be received warmly)

it’s an election with no Democrats, in one of the whitest states in the union, where rich candidates pay $35 for your votes. Or, as Republicans call it, their vision for the future.

9. The Drawing Room   -   #29
    bigboab's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by vidcc View Post
    Define "picking a fight" on a discussion forum.

By definition debate on any given topic would require opposing views. Sure religion and politics are hot topics that will more often than not bring "hotter posts" but why does it have to be defined as "picking a fight"

Are those of christian faith that post threads designed to be critical of islam picking a fight or are they just trying to convey their opinion.

Are the evangelicals that come to my house wishing to "convert me" picking a fight? (I bet if I was to knock on many of their doors and try to convince them god doesn't exist I would not be received warmly)
    Good post.

A couple of years ago I did a survey for the local council. I had the honour of knocking on the door of a Jehovah's Witness. Out off over a thousand homes they were one of the nicest couples I visited. They were what you imagine an ideal couple should be. Not one mention of Religion after the initial introduction.

What they thought of me, I don't want to know.

Quote Originally Posted by bigboab View Post

Sorry I dont know what you are implying here. Are you classing all non religious members in the same category as the one you are dispute with? There are probably more decent non religious members than there are decent religious members on this board.
    No, not at all, Boab.

Sorry for the lack of clarity.
    No I can't agree. You are sitting in your garden counting the arrows coming over the wall. I use them to hold up the runner beans.
    Last edited by bigboab; 03-20-2007 at 08:44 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    The best way to keep a secret:- Tell everyone not to tell anyone.

10. The Drawing Room   -   #30
    OMFG BLASPHEMY

Get the burning torches and pitchforks this is 2000 years overdue!

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast