Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Bitcomet on Windows Vista

X's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    wat is the router model number
    >< marks the spot

2. BitTorrent   -   #22
    lysine's Avatar 49311 BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by tru-guru View Post
    i tried to do the portforward but dont have the dns server details i have to call the isp first. this isnt goin to well and the only download program hittin over 150 or even 30kbs is limewire. this is crazy
    your bittorrent traffic is likely being throttled by your ISP. portforwarding wouldn't make that big of a difference in speeds.

get utorrent or azureus, and turn on protocol encryption.

edit:

remove the router, and plug the modem directly into the computer. see if it makes any difference in your bittorrent speeds.

if you need the dns server addresses, while you've still got the modem plugged directly in the computer, go to the command prompt and enter:

ipconfig /all

it will give you the addresses there.
    Last edited by lysine; 03-29-2007 at 11:04 PM.

3. BitTorrent   -   #23
    so just plug the phone line in directly to the computer? i kno this is strange but i have never quite got my head around the broadband setup, i have one wire from the phone socket going into the "router" this then splits into two, one wire into the pc the other into my bros mac. i am using the usb extension he has the ethernet. but i still dont quite understand why it ran at like 8x the speed on my old pc

also where do u turn on protocol encryption plz
    Last edited by tru-guru; 03-29-2007 at 11:17 PM.
    You talk COMMON but lack any SENSE - The Truth aka me

Pimpin snow white like the seven dwarves - Stack Bundles

4. BitTorrent   -   #24
    X's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    google ... it is there for a reason... http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&c...ttings&spell=1
    That will take care of your utorrent setup.... Make sure you follow what lysine said about finding your ipconfig settings and writing that stuff down.. then look at the make and model of your router and go to portforward and go Ctrl + F to open Find bar... put the model number in there... Click on the link.follow the instructions. ...
    >< marks the spot

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123