Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Reputation Versus Trading Points

tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Quote Originally Posted by 1Man View Post
    rep points is better
    than what?

2. Everything Related to the Board   -   #12
    Snee's Avatar Error xɐʇuʎs BT Rep: +1
    Than him sitting alone in his room telling himself he's awesome at trading away invites, I presume.

3. Everything Related to the Board   -   #13
    SHUVT's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    Quote Originally Posted by Snee View Post
    Than him sitting alone in his room telling himself he's awesome at trading away invites, I presume.
    You made me laugh, but I don't have a rep point button to push yet... LOL
    I haven't taken a beating like that since I opened my first issue of Hustler!
    The World is a Sick Place and I'm a Happy Guy!

4. Everything Related to the Board   -   #14
    emsee's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    Bad idea

5. Everything Related to the Board   -   #15
    thewizeard's Avatar re-member BT Rep: +1
    Ok..then the trading points should go too. I have seen complete power + BitTorrent accounts being traded here. Filesharing is what it says... having a system in place that encourages trading, is wrong and we have that in place.

remember

Never pay for File Sharing! ...

Trading points is just a form of payment.

Reputation points is only for fun. and lastly

Sharing is Caring!

/me returns to the lounge.. before RealitY catches me here

6. Everything Related to the Board   -   #16
    thewizeard's Avatar re-member BT Rep: +1
    Of course..sorry to bore you all again, if the reputation points reflected ones idea on how you see a member( preferably objective, but that's probably impossible, subjective is also OK.) like a a list with say, art, literature, general knowledge, diplomacy.. that sort of thing.. so a member could give more than one point for each member.. and of course for the jokers, like me, silly choices that don't actually add to another members reputation at all, but also wont take away from it.

7. Everything Related to the Board   -   #17
    knight76's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    I can't see any value in rep points. Especially if you can give them negative values as trolls can just hammer away at everyone handing out the negatives. Also, if you have a beef with someone they can just keep giving you negatives.

The trading rep is good in a way as it suggests someone may actualy go through with the trade if they have a good rating.

At the end of the day it isnt some rep thing or how many posts are next to your name that shows your value in any forum, its the sum of your posts and their content that matters.

Your only as good as your last post.

8. Everything Related to the Board   -   #18
    SHUVT's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    I agree. I don't trade, but when i give invite out I do my best to review what they have posted and if it is of any worth to the community. I don't give a shit if they have 50+ rep, if they don't contribute to anything other than trading and asking for invites, they will not get nothing from me.
    I haven't taken a beating like that since I opened my first issue of Hustler!
    The World is a Sick Place and I'm a Happy Guy!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12