Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: sO.......

Busyman™'s Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!
    Quote Originally Posted by vidcc View Post
    I think once pay as you go kicks in then a lot of those earmarks will disappear.

I think it's hilarious that Pelosi is being attacked for going to syria, not one word about the republics that went there and are going there. It appears the white house even helped one republican visit.

I think it funny how pelosi is being attacked for wearing a headscarf while there, saying she should refuse..........not one word about Laura Bush wearing one when she visited a mosque.

I think it's funny that Bush is the one threatening to refuse to accept the funding he requested and is being given (and then some) using pork as an excuse when the last emergency bills contained more pork, took twice the time to be passed in congress and he praised congress (obviously a republican congress) for doing their duty.

Bush who hasn't vetoed one pork laden spending bill in his entire time in office is prepared to leave the troops in harms way without funds because of pork.....playing politics

As I said games are played, mountains are made out of molehills then the mountaineers cry foul when the same thing happens to them.

Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) promised "the most ethical Congress ever." One abuse being addressed is "earmarking" --
    Tell me were most ethical ever means no ethic violations will ever happen again, tell me were addressing earmarking means ending it altogether. Some earmarks are valid.
    Like what? Ones actually related to a bill or one's that give a concession to a state because the bill harms that state.....

or.

Money for a state lemonade stand (located within a Iraq funding bill)

2. The Drawing Room   -   #12
    vidcc's Avatar there is no god
    well this was an emergency spending bill, so earmarks that the republicans punted such as aid arising from katrina for example could be added. Emergency spending bills are IMO different to the ordinary kind and therefore more open to things that would otherwise have no place.
    this is not to say that I agree with all pork or for that matter most pork

Of course some people think that victims of such disasters should get no help, or that no project is worthy of federal help, so the validity of any earmark will always be questioned.

The funny thing is many that complain about pork for projects in the US don't see money for projects in Iraq as pork.

it’s an election with no Democrats, in one of the whitest states in the union, where rich candidates pay $35 for your votes. Or, as Republicans call it, their vision for the future.

3. The Drawing Room   -   #13
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Quote Originally Posted by Busyman™ View Post

Yes you being partisan is one of your downfalls. It makes you utterly illogical in many instances.

You can think what you like about my partisanship; it applies to my conservative beliefs only, though you mistakenly extend it to all Republicans.

For instance, a partisan person defends their party even when they are completely wrong.

Sorry, you just shot yourself in the foot.

You imply I support Republicans in all instances.

You are wrong, and you know it, but your liberal side tells you nonetheless that to make such an overstep is acceptable from a tactical point-of-view, and no one will notice you've fucked up.

Oh I haven't defended the public school system. I said that vouchers would weaken it and probably throw it into oblivion. It's a way of privatising schools, all schools. Good for the business world, eh?

To attack vouchers is to be against effective education.

Public education fails because it has no competition.

You are too young to remember the bad old days when Ma Bell was your only option for telephonic communication (which fact is terribly ironic), and it is only the explosion of competition the industry has undergone which has provided you with what is (apparently) a reasonably good living.

You don't have to take my word for it, either; ask someone in your business who has, say, 35 years in the field.

They'll tell you how it was.

The greatest achievements of the first five decades of your business were the slimline phone and touch-tone dialing.

For most of that time, you couldn't even buy a telephone that wasn't black.

All public schools aren't bad. All private schools aren't good. They are just...well...private.

One public school may indeed be better than the next, but the sad fact is that when judged against the rest of the world, ALL U.S. public schools suck.

The Republicans not distinguishing themselves wasn't their problem. They were basically criminal yet guess what...down the party lines, they still get support from folks like yourself.

Support how?

A bad Republican is still better than a bad Democrat.

My opinion, of course.

Your party's tenure has been the shittiest that I have seen in my adult years.

But then, you haven't been an adult very long, and you still worship Al and Jesse.

Honestly.

This is coming from a person who has his own mind and is not partisan (as my positions on many issues have shown).

So you subscribe to a sort of political Kama Sutra?

If you actually do have your "own mind", your views will change in time.

I promise.

If the Democrats fuck up I'll say something about it. It's just after hearing about how bad Clinton was from Republicans, right now they need a little less talking and a little more STFU.

Time will tell as to your first; as to the rest, when you tell anyone at all to "STFU", you really ought to give a bit more thought to what you are saying.

Unless you are a politician, being partisan about everything makes you illogical straight out the gate. A politician can be an obvious suck ass but because one is partisan to the end, they'd cheer them on like some brainless nimrod.

Alright.

Provide evidence that I am "partisan about everything".

Do it now.

It's possible that I'd vote for a Republican. If we can survive Bush and these years of huge fuck-ups, I doubt anyone can do worse.
    It is even possible I'd vote for a Democrat; I had given some thought to whether I could vote (for example) for someone like Jim Webb.

Unfortunately, he's been pretty wishy-washy about the gun thing recently, and done himself damage, in my eye.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

4. The Drawing Room   -   #14
    Damn you are the clueless white guy.

First off you attack Dems over something unrelated in a thread about the prescription drug benefit then gotta go racial (yet again) by grouping me with whateverthefuck blacks and saying I worship Al and Jesse.

What the fuck is wrong with you?

I guess you worship G.W. Bush, Strom Thurmond, Trent Lott, David Duke, and the Confederate flag.

5. The Drawing Room   -   #15
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    First off you attack Dems over something unrelated in a thread about the prescription drug benefit then gotta go racial (yet again) by grouping me with whateverthefuck blacks and saying I worship Al and Jesse.
    I guess you worship G.W. Bush, Strom Thurmond, Trent Lott, David Duke, and the Confederate flag.
    Wtf?

I merely pointed out that you are at least as fond of the two Revs as I am of, say, Bush, right?

Do you see your mistake, now.

One more thing:

Your racial blather saves you responding to my post, doesn't it.

Well done, you can't see the forest for the trees.
    Last edited by j2k4; 04-04-2007 at 10:41 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

6. The Drawing Room   -   #16
    Quote Originally Posted by j2k4 View Post
    Wtf?

I merely pointed out that you are at least as fond of the two Revs as I am of, say, Bush, right?

Do you see your mistake, now.

One more thing:

Your racial blather saves you responding to my post, doesn't it.

Well done, you can't see the forest for the trees.
    You always fuck up your posts when you go with that "brother" shit.

This ain't the furst. Oh and nice try on trying to make your racial remark seem like there was some deeper meaning.
    Last edited by Busyman™; 04-04-2007 at 11:26 PM.

7. The Drawing Room   -   #17
    vidcc's Avatar there is no god
    republicans filibustered the bill that will allow negotiation on drug prices

Another Item

The Senate was considering a bill that would require Senate candidate to file campaign finance reports electronically, like House candidates, which would be easier to search and add transparency to the system. It was going to pass — right up until someone put a secret hold on the bill.

Whichever party this person belongs to he/she needs to be exposed.
    Last edited by vidcc; 04-19-2007 at 02:34 PM.

it’s an election with no Democrats, in one of the whitest states in the union, where rich candidates pay $35 for your votes. Or, as Republicans call it, their vision for the future.

8. The Drawing Room   -   #18
    Quote Originally Posted by vidcc View Post
    republicans filibustered the bill that will allow negotiation on drug prices

Another Item

The Senate was considering a bill that would require Senate candidate to file campaign finance reports electronically, like House candidates, which would be easier to search and add transparency to the system. It was going to pass — right up until someone put a secret hold on the bill.

Whichever party this person belongs to he/she needs to be exposed.
    I love the commercials saying that negotiating prices was a bad move.

What kind of Twilight Zone/Bizarro World are Republicans living on?

If watch the 60 Minutes piece, it shows that the VA benefits have these negotiations.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12