Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Strategies for Ratio

Fibo's Avatar - Keep Walking - BT Rep: +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20
    Thanx For the Tips, I always wondered how people were able to keep a good ratio, while i struggle so hard to keep up on the Better sites.
    I will have to put these to the test.

Thanx,
    Fibo
    Its been awhile but I'm back... well sort of.

2. BitTorrent   -   #12
    RTFM's Avatar <? print "BCC"; ?> BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    The ratios in your pictures aren't too terrible. At least they're all above 1!
    Last edited by RTFM; 04-03-2007 at 05:50 PM.

3. BitTorrent   -   #13
    angryghost's Avatar Get In Ma BELLY! BT Rep: +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55
    wow thanks for the advice on dling just few rar files! never thought it would work, cause i usually just download the whole thing, and since i have relativly slow connection by the time i finish not many leechers are left

4. BitTorrent   -   #14
    I've never had any sort of problem with ratio until TL. There are some great ideas in this thread though, so thanks a lot. Hopefully it'll straighten me out.

5. BitTorrent   -   #15
    UKMan's Avatar Poster
    excuse an ignorant punk like myself, but does this actually help DL speed on public trackers ?

UK

6. BitTorrent   -   #16
    leeter BT Rep: +2
    thx for the tip

7. BitTorrent   -   #17
    drmensho's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    u can download the sample of anewly uploaded film then seed it until u get agood ratio

8. BitTorrent   -   #18
    GINZY's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +23BT Rep +23BT Rep +23BT Rep +23BT Rep +23
    a good guide in TL forum: how to survive ( don't know if i can't copy and paste here ). After reading this and with my own experience :
    -download sample or some rar files of popular torrents
    -choose the good torrent with the similar S & L - U can't have good ratio ,upload speed if there are 2 many seeders.
    -download some from the public and seed it in the sites u want (remember that it must be the same )
    -concentrate on some main or only 1 sites such as TL .It's great sites with best releases.
    ....some u 'll find out

Hope u will have a good ratio

9. BitTorrent   -   #19
    I'm new myself to all this and trying to build up a good ratio on some trackers, but it does seem rather tricky! I think a lot of it is picking the right torrent to try to seed

Maybe someone can confirm this, but the impression I got was that this can be made trickier because sometimes a torrent with a ton of apparent leechers might actually be lots of people doing the 'download one bit of the file then seed' trick, so while there's a high number of leechers displayed on the tracker, they're actually not downloading at all...

Another thing I've been having trouble with is the 'downloading from a public tracker then uploading' trick - this seems like a really good way to build up an upload buffer before you even have to download anything, but the problem I'm having is finding the files on public trackers! Usually the ones the public trackers have have different names and sizes, from what I've seen...

10. BitTorrent   -   #20
    that can be what is going on, esp. on oink, on torrent that are older, you might see a bunch of leechers, but they are really just partial downloaders.

sometimes i only grab a few songs.

when i initial joined oink, i downloaded a Rosetta Stone pack, only to find that all the leechers where just partial seeders. and i got burned on the download.

so you need to stick with new stuff

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast