Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Best Zombie Movie Ever?

Poster BT Rep: +1
    Is dead alive good? I have heard solid things about it, as it was Peter Jackson's (aka lotr movies) first break out work.
    Dead Alive aka Braindead...is great gory fun. IF your a fan of Zombie films, and very dark humor youll enjoy this film. I also suggest Bad Taste and Meet the Needles (some of Peter Jacksons other early work)...definitely not for the timid viewer. But I liked them in a quirky way.

2. Movies & TV   -   #32
    Poster
    Originally posted by Homersimpson@1 June 2003 - 22:49
    ...when he was killing all those zombies at the end with the lawnmower???
    hey you just gave away the ending! hahahah

3. Movies & TV   -   #33
    Maybe, but it is an endless ride of craziness!!!!!

4. Movies & TV   -   #34
    Originally posted by thegroggman@2 June 2003 - 07:51
    Is dead alive good? I have heard solid things about it, as it was Peter Jackson's (aka lotr movies) first break out work.
    Dead Alive aka Braindead...is great gory fun. IF your a fan of Zombie films, and very dark humor youll enjoy this film. I also suggest Bad Taste and Meet the Needles (some of Peter Jacksons other early work)...definitely not for the timid viewer. But I liked them in a quirky way.
    It's "Meet The Feebles", and try "Bodymelt" as well. Peter Jacksons horror films are definately some of my favourites.

What about "Zombie Flesh Eaters"?? That's a good one too.
    Signature removed

5. Movies & TV   -   #35
    i've watched the LOTR movies, and they just don't do anything for me. i'm not really a gore-addict... i like all kinds of movies, even Star Wars... but i think Peter Jackson's older movies were a lot more entertaining and risk-taking. LOTR is milquetoast compared to Braindead/DeadAlive and Bad Taste.

i just hope that he'll continue to make "nasty" movies in the future, and not let hollywood make him pander to the lowest common denominator.

i agree with a lot of the opinions in this thread tho... night/dawn/day/return of the living dead, evil dead 1 2 & 3 are all ace. off the top of my head, i think this japanese movie called "Wild Zero" might be good. haven't seen it, but it sounds like a hoot... about a gang of greasy haired rock n rollers who enjoy riding motorcycles, looking tough, and killing zombies.
    http://www.mandiapple.com/snowblood/wildzero.htm

edit: here is a link to the trailer for Wild Zero-- http://www.gaga.ne.jp/movie/wildzero/trail.html

6. Movies & TV   -   #36
    crazy_billy_bats's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by 3RA1N1AC@2 June 2003 - 10:39
    off the top of my head, i think this japanese movie called "Wild Zero" might be good. haven't seen it, but it sounds like a hoot
    i agree !

it looks hilarious !!

7. Movies & TV   -   #37
    Originally posted by soopaman@1 June 2003 - 08:58
    There's a Zombie flick from the early 1970's starring Peter Cushing (Lots were, I know) about a load of SS Nazi's that lived/died in a submarine and came back to wreak havoc amongst the living. If anyone knows what it's called please post the name. It's a top film and quite funny too!!
    i've seen a few absolutely crap nazi zombie flicks, like "Zombie Lake" and "The Frozen Dead"... but the one you're thinking of was actually fairly good. it wasn't exactly a pulse-pounding thriller... but it had a nice, spooky atmosphere about it...

it's called Shock Waves (aka Death Corps)-- http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B00006FMCB/

8. Movies & TV   -   #38
    it's not exactly a zombie movie, but i just noticed that george romero's "The Crazies" has been issued on dvd. it sort of follows the pattern of his living dead movies, as people are infected by some kind of plague which turns them into mindless murderers. not zombies, but zombie-like anyway.

along that same line, david cronenberg directed a couple of movies called "Shivers" and "Rabid," which seem to be influenced by the living dead's plague idea, even tho they're not specifically about zombies.

9. Movies & TV   -   #39
    Originally posted by Homersimpson@2 June 2003 - 07:27
    Wht hasn't anyone commented on Return of the Living Dead yet???
    Am I the only one that likes it? Impossible!!
    It is a really cool, gory zombie flick! Its got it all, cussing, violence, nudity and serious situations!
    Come on people!!!!!!!!!!
    It is by far the best zombie movie ever made, return of the living dead rules even now!!!

10. Movies & TV   -   #40
    The Evil Dead Trilogy are the best of the genre!

The Original Night of the Living Dead kicks ass!

What about the Omega Man that's kind of a zombie movie?

The is also a serious Zombie Movie starring Bill Pullman called The Serpent and the Rainbow (a Dr. studies the medical properties of voodoo drugs in Haiti) based on actual events.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234