Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 29101112

Thread: Leeware Users ....

Poster BT Rep: +5
    Quote Originally Posted by mbucari1 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ecca View Post
    How come I ain't seeding that fast? How can I do a speedtest on my server?
    Well, what do you consider fast?
    Probably the reason you aren't seeding "fast" is because you can only upload what your peers bandwidth can handle. If you already have a bunch of fast seeds, then one more (you) is not that great of an aset. Add on top of that fast uploading while downloading, and it becomes hard to seed (unless you were the original uploader)

1. To do a speedtest, go into putty and type "wget http://mrgneissguy.centelia.net/ff.exe"
    2. download the file
    3. go into your vnc viewer (close utorrent if open) and type "wine ff.exe"
    4. firefox setup will now start. Just install firefox as normal, then start firefox (if it didn't start automatically after installation, type "wine firefox.exe" in the console)
    5. Type http://www.adobe.com/products/flashplayer/ in the addressbar.
    6. download and install flash player. After download, click the "open" button from the downloads bar.
    7. restart firefox
    8. goto speedtest.net and do your speedtest
    Well there are 3 problems
    1. when you download flash player the downloads window blocks the firefox windw >>> to get rid of it press ctrl+g
    2. flashplayer needs firefox to be closed so that it can be installed >>> close firefox with alt+4
    3. problem is that typing wine firefox.exe to start firefox again doesn't work
    wine cannot find firefox.exe in windows/system32 >>> I still didn't find a solution to this one
    Last edited by prima1; 04-30-2007 at 10:00 AM.

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 29101112