Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Fantastic Four

Tikibonbon's Avatar It'll Get Ya Drunk!
    you know they canceled that title for a reason.....
    http://jerome.galica.free.fr/dc%20comics/Green%20Lantern/GreenLantern_ION.gif

2. Movies & TV   -   #12
    IMDB has it down as in production, he was ment to be superman but they cancelled that I think

3. Movies & TV   -   #13
    Jibbler's Avatar proud member of MDS
    I have the original Fantastic Four movie on DVD that I got from Ebay. You guys should check it out. This one is a underground classic. B)
    Proud member of MDS

4. Movies & TV   -   #14
    Begger my pardon, just checked IMDB superman is due for 2005 with none other that Jonathan Frakes as the director how interesting

5. Movies & TV   -   #15
    I got the fantastic 4 movie, and yes it was pure crap. and Iron man would be an awesome movie, I haven't followed the comics, but I remember the cartoon when I was a kid

6. Movies & TV   -   #16
    Poster
    Gotta agree with "coooter" it was one of the piles of steaming brown I've ever seen.

7. Movies & TV   -   #17
    Poster BT Rep: +1
    LOL...I thought the Original F4 movie was one of the funniest things I have ever seen...Just because it was such a crappy movie...I mean at the end when they showed Johnny flying...omfg...I fell off the couch laughing so hard. Anywho...onto the F4 movie. George Clooney has openly denied excepting the role of Mr. Fantastic. FOr that matter he has also said that he is not playing Nick Fury, in the Nick Fury film. Aint it Cool New had an interview with director of the film Peyton Reed:
    Reed: So, we’re really *just* getting started with Mark [Frost] on the draft. Today was actually our first day of really getting down to work. It’s exciting because I think Mark is a really, really smart writer. Here’s a guy who wrote TWIN PEAKS, and before that did episodes of THE SIX MILLION MAN, and, then, he’s written novels. He’s just a smart guy. And he’s a longtime fan of THE FANTASTIC FOUR. So, to me, he has a healthy respect for the source material, but he also, like myself, is really, really concerned with making FANTASTIC FOUR relevant, and interesting, and exciting now.

Beaks: Is the idea, as far as you can say, is there still an idea of going retro with it? Has that decision been made?

Reed: There was talk at one point of making it retro, but I think we’re probably not going to do that.

Beaks: I read about the HARD DAY’S NIGHT idea, which I loved, but that might alienate some comic book fans that want something a little more serious.

Reed: I mean, there’s elements… the things that make FANTASTIC FOUR different than other characters in the Marvel Universe is that idea that they’re daytime superheroes. There are no secret identities, and they’re part of the cultural landscape of New York and L.A. But we didn’t want to make a movie that was *all* about that. The trick with these movies, too, is that you’re working from forty years of source material, and it’s really kind of distilling down the heart and soul of what the movie is, so it’s satisfying as an origin story, but also it stands on its own as a movie. *And* the fact that all the things that made the comic so innovative in the early-60’s – that made it so different – all of those things have become clichés now. So you can’t always rely on those things.
    I think that would actually be cool if it was a 60's throwback...because really thats where the comic characters belong, that why in recent years they have been so out of place.

8. Movies & TV   -   #18
    BANNED
    Seen captain america when i was a kid ..i thought it was superb at the time..but u do

Wha about the flash played by dawsons creeks father,that was
    pretty good

there was another one i though was good ..idunno if he was a super hero or not groggy may no(mayb) ..realy old b/w ..he wore a cape and shit with rockets on his back so he could fly about,which he crontroled by a knob on his chest

and ice man out of the cartoons with spidy and that flyin fire girl(cant rembr he name

9. Movies & TV   -   #19
    Originally posted by CosmoK@4 June 2003 - 14:36
    there was another one i though was good ..idunno if he was a super hero or not groggy may no(mayb) ..realy old b/w ..he wore a cape and shit with rockets on his back so he could fly about,which he crontroled by a knob on his chest
    Are you talking about Ironman?
    Proud member of MDS

10. Movies & TV   -   #20
    Originally posted by thegroggman@4 June 2003 - 13:58
    Anywho...onto the F4 movie. George Clooney has openly denied excepting the role of Mr. Fantastic. FOr that matter he has also said that he is not playing Nick Fury, in the Nick Fury film. Aint it Cool
    Well, he can't be much worse than David Hasslehoff in Nick Fury - Agent of Shield.
    Proud member of MDS

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast