Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Linux = Retarted Windows Wannabe

jakert50's Avatar Poster
    I've used Red Hat 9. I am a wiz at Linux? Heck no! The only thing I know about RPM's is the icon looks like a box. The thing is, I agree with the previous post,
    it is only as good as the person sitting at the keyboard.
    I know how to just barely browse around Linux. On the other hand, you can ask me anything about Windows and I'll probably know the anser. With the way our Pro-Linux users are around here, I don't know if I'll ever catch on and learn more about it. It's just what you've used and what your familiar with. So, if you're gonna have a bad attitude about it and act your a "Mr. Know-it-all", then shut up. We don't need your pessimistic comments around here.
    wow linux has become some sort of cult. where anyone not fluent in it is scoffed at and is calledan "idiot", "ass fuck"," M$ slave", "queer" and shit load of other things that are just too mean to post.

WHY DO LINUX USERS HATE US JOE SIXPACKS?
    and how is linux going tot dominant the os market if anyone attemping to use it gets harassed for asking newbie questions?

im so confused (proably becuz im "dumb as shit") 
    Well, those Linux "slaves" can stay with their linux distribs.
    As for me, "DUMB AS SHIT"-ERS UNITE!!

Jaker

2. Software & Hardware   -   #22
    Wolfmight's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    use Redhat, or SuSe (suse looks like OS X)

3. Software & Hardware   -   #23
    4play's Avatar knob jockey
    owww there is alot of eliteism in this thread.

linux is very hard to get used to just like windows was when you first started to use it.

why is everyone bashing m$ so much they do make an excellent os. i only know one linux distro that is a full os and comes on one cd and that is gentoo. so ms windows comes all on one cd and has now become pretty stable with the best hardware support about.

linux is catching up but at the momment it is still behind windows for a easy to use home computer.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #24
    Xanex's Avatar Poster
    I have to agree with 4play here.

Linux is about as confusing as windows was when it first came out. Im looking to switch to Linux when M$ puts the palldium thing into full force. Have tried Red Hat and it was too gushy for me, debian was just shit as it had dick all and no real support, suSe kinda goes against what linux is all about and i dont even want to think about the other lesser known distros, so im thinking of Mandrake 9.1.

But untill linux distros can do all the things that the market wants like play games and bundles of software that dont require u to have a phd in cmd line to operate at an advanced level then ill stick to XP.

its rock solid, plays games , has a decent UI and word thingy and there is no need to search high and low for drivers or patches or mess around with bin code or rpms to get anything to work.

As for you elitest linux n00bs, where u born with all ur linux "skills" pre programed into you? NO, so cut these guys some slack, just because windows is the most popular OS dont make it bad. its got this way for reasons, you at some point have used windows have brought some windows things etc. I personally dont have a problem with bill gates, its not really him incontrol of the company any more, he is more of a figure head. he is a fucking excellent coder, could you make an OS in one nite, doubt it. it worked and did its job well if i recall. he has been a shrewd buisness man and does make a good os, it does the job for me. you make out that windows is the bane of all pc's yet if linux was really that good it would blow windows away, since its not its going to have to proove itself. i guess people think it as the lesser of two evils, or better the devil you know....

as for linux "exploits" they do exist and they are a numerous as windows ones, just since windows is more widley used they are found quicker and exploited more. linux has its perks that when an exploit is found it is very quickly fixed. thou i dont trust linux too much cos u never know who has written what in that thing.

there is still that thing with linux fonts ect... man!!! that shoulda been fixed ages ago.

all linux is is a bodge job of unix. personally speaking, its a great OS, but at this time XP beats it for useability, compatability, software library (inc hacked software) linux has no hacked software since its mostly free!

I'll give u an example of a true Linux "elitest" n00b.

My house mate mike - short, thin, spotty. sits at his pc 24/7 eating dry pasta and giggles to himself at 4am. has a gf god knows how he managed that one. thinks all windows versions are crap. thought that XP still had DOS underneath. browses the hacker sites, "yeah i use linux im a h4x0r" messes around with his distro so much he breaks it.

(i personally wont work with an OS that is so easy to break, XP - u practically have to delete the windows folder to stop it from working, go on try it LOL)

and now for the killer....

Uses debian/GNU since its rock solid and works, the "been there done that, we know it works OS" (we all know the perks of debian) . But he runs a unstable prerelease of debian and GNU, his linux has crashed more times than my XP machine which only ever crashes when i get driver conflicts with my TV card and video stuff(now sorted thanks to the new drivers).

Its like he uses an OS which is so far behind the rest of linux cos they like to test stuff till it breaks then test it some more, but a pre release, can u say Oxymoron!!!

If this person is but a shadow of the linux comunity then fuck that ill stick with windows than become one of them...

Xanex

5. Software & Hardware   -   #25
    just a point to make
    n00b = newbie ie someone who is new to something
    so elitist linux n00bs doesn't make a whole lot of sense.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #26
    4play's Avatar knob jockey
    it does to me. what he is trying to say is that most people who call themselves elistist linux users still use red hat or mandrake.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #27
    Xanex's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by ilw@4 June 2003 - 16:08
    just a point to make
    n00b = newbie ie someone who is new to something
    er no

n00b = Bitch ass annoying cunt that doesnt know what he/she is on about, game spammer/spawn killer, every thing you hate about an online "1337", and i stress the ""

newb/newbie = New person, forgivable if they dont know something

8. Software & Hardware   -   #28
    personally i dont care what i use, windows xp home is fine with me, it works, its stable i keep it clean and running fast. it does the job i want i dont care what specs u all have, i dont care about posts, i dont care if u can type 180 words per min or can write a program in c++ with your eyes closed.

All a pc is for is to get a job done, mine does it quite well and i try to share my knowledge of things i know like virtual dub etc.

Personally, if ya cant use linux, then dont, simple enough, its not gonan cripple u to use windows. i dont see why the whole word thinks that microsoft will fail cos everyone h8's bill gates. Most people use windows cos it is easy and simple to use with little hassel, its all i want and so do most people.

Having a diff op system doesnt make u superior. your all computer racists

next thing u know you'll have linux people in white robs buring microsoft compuers

9. Software & Hardware   -   #29
    and another thing, lighten up, whats with all the swearing, feel and computer testosterone

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123