Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Censorship

clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Oh.
    Sorry.
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

2. Lounge   -   #22
    I defend everyone´s right to freedom of expression. This includes my right to disagree with what you say.

However there is no freedom of expression without possible consequences. To think that you have the right to express your view, however controversial, is quite correct. However to assume that there will be no consequences is just silly.

The views of the majority must also be taken into consideration. We (or they, sometimes people disagree with me) have the right to not listen to or accept certain behaviour.

If you wish (in this case) to discuss killing animals and posting pictures I am sure there are plenty of fora where you would be welcome.

(Yes clocker I know)

3. Lounge   -   #23
    Originally posted by PB Montgolfier@4 June 2003 - 11:15

If you wish (in this case) to discuss killing animals and posting pictures I am sure there are plenty of fora where you would be welcome.

(Yes clocker I know)
    Is the plural of "forum" really "fora"? Not "forii"?

I really should know this- I took 6 yrs. of Latin, but I'm old and near senile.

BTW- just what is it that you 'know'?

4. Lounge   -   #24
    Before this goes into a "I'll say what I bloody well like, no censorship, freedom of speech blah blah blah" thing:-

Anyone is free to visit any forum (there's 1 or 2 lying around on this little internet thing somewhere&#33. But it's a private place, you have kindly been given an open invitation to join this community by the site owners. Because it's a private place, it's only fair that you show courtesy and accept the rules of the forum. If you don't like the forum's rules, join a different one more suited to your views.

Challenging the rules on a censorship or free speech point of view is akin to walking into a no-smoking restaurant, lighting up, and then shouting about how smoking isn't illegal so you'll bloody well smoke if you want to.

Don't take this the wrong way, I'm not telling anyone in particular to leave, that isn't my place, and it would serve no use. But that's the way I view forums like this.

5. Lounge   -   #25
    Ex-member
    As far as I understand it:
    - Trolling is the act of deliberately writing offensive material in order to provoke a reaction among others.
    - Flaming is the act of hurling insults, theats and abuse at people with little or no justification and no coherent line of reasoning.
    - Spamming is the act of cluttering message areas with unwanted junk.
    - All three are frowned upon.
    - Nicholas is guilty of all three.
    - These are (among others) the reason he is under Moderation.

6. Lounge   -   #26
    Originally posted by Lamsey@4 June 2003 - 19:52
    As far as I understand it:
    - Trolling is the act of deliberately writing offensive material in order to provoke a reaction among others.
    - Flaming is the act of hurling insults, theats and abuse at people with little or no justification and no coherent line of reasoning.
    - Spamming is the act of cluttering message areas with unwanted junk.
    - All three are frowned upon.
    - Nicholas is guilty of all three.
    - These are (among others) the reason he is under Moderation.
    Well put young man (I assume the picture is you).

I like the cut of your jib.

7. Lounge   -   #27
    Originally posted by clocker+4 June 2003 - 19:25--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (clocker @ 4 June 2003 - 19:25)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--PB Montgolfier@4 June 2003 - 11:15

(Yes clocker I know)
    Is the plural of "forum" really "fora"? Not "forii"?

I really should know this- I took 6 yrs. of Latin, but I&#39;m old and near senile.

BTW- just what is it that you &#39;know&#39;? [/b][/quote]
    If you are near senile you should visit more often. We&#39;re always glad to hear from you, always.

8. Lounge   -   #28
    Ex-member
    What&#39;s a jib and how is mine cut?

9. Lounge   -   #29
    crazy_billy_bats's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by Lamsey@4 June 2003 - 20:12
    What&#39;s a jib and how is mine cut?
    I think it means something to do with your attractiveness.

However i cant be sure.

I personally think you are a handsome young fella, without having any homosexual tendencies myself (just incase you.......well, ill not go on).

But i could be wrong, maybe it means u are smart or something.

10. Lounge   -   #30
    A jib is a sail and how it&#39;s cut refers to how well it is deployed.

He thinks you look like a boat, Lamsey.

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast